5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

backup camera on automaticaly when turn signal on

parnine

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a programmer (of if can be done by dealer) that can turn on the backup camera when the turn signal is activated?

I have a Big Horn w/ Lvl 2 equip group. I assume this feature is included in the higher trim models with the 360, but don't know. Can anyone confirm if this capability exists in any of the trims?

Thanks much for any info.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is a feature from the Tazer DT if you purchase it but only for the 8.4 inch screen, not for the 12" screen. Although you can keep the front, rear, or 360 camera view on all the time with the 12" screen and the Tazer.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
While I cheaped out and didnt purchase the upgraded level with all the safety nanny I mean hi tech helpers, I wonder what it would do as I creep forward parking in my garage. I have to bump the wall (literally) which has a single 5/8 sheet of plywood and a 1/2’ piece of foam mounted on it in order to clear the garage door by 1.5”. If the truck isn’t perfectly straight in, it won’t work.

Now would a fwd collision braking system have locked up and kept me from hitting the wall? As it is, the proximity sensors scream at me and tell me that I’m a blind idiot...(not too far off actually).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
While I cheaped out and didnt purchase the upgraded level with all the safety nanny I mean hi tech helpers, I wonder what it would do as I creep forward parking in my garage. I have to bump the wall (literally) which has a single 5/8 sheet of plywood and a 1/2’ piece of foam mounted on it in order to clean the garage door by 1.5”. If the truck isn’t perfectly straight in, it won’t work.

Now would a fwd collision braking system have locked up and kept me from hitting the wall? As it is, the proximity sensors scream at me and tell me that I’m a blind idiot...(not too far off actually).
It would stop you and then you would just have to move forward more after it did. It won’t prevent you from hitting something if you insist lol

cobradav

Reaction score
It is a feature from the Tazer DT if you purchase it but only for the 8.4 inch screen, not for the 12" screen. Although you can keep the front, rear, or 360 camera view on all the time with the 12" screen and the Tazer.
I have 12 inch with Tazer DT and easily programmed backup camera on with turn signal. Furthermore you can select front and surround views and switch back and forth while turn signal on. Will keep last (previous) setting on subsequent turns as well. On the 12 inch the lower half of screen is the control screen that contains seat vents as well as the camera controls. When turn is completed returns to whatever single or split (Car Play) screen(s) you had previously.

Users who are viewing this thread