5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup camera malfunction

1500DFW

Reaction score
My backup camera started to malfunction this morning. It was working yesterday just fine. It is raining hard today so I don’t know if it possibly got wet. However the truck is a 2019 Laramie and has been in the rain before and this has never happened. Anybody else experienced this? It looks like the connection is come loose or something. Without the camera flash it is very dark and not viewable.

8e14d6a5ad4156e3282218f76fcbde31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it returns to normal after everything dries up the I’d suspect the connections in the tailgate. Did you happen to leave the tailgate down during the rain? Here in Houston we get heavy rains and have seen a few waterlogged tailgates as the water builds up on the inside of the tailgate.

1500DFW

Reaction score
Well now it’s working normally again. Still raining and still wet. I didn’t leave the tailgate down. I guess after it stops raining I’ll check the connections and try to secure them a bit better. Still pretty weird though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread