5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup Camera Guidance Lines Cannot be Turned on!

VictorK

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Limited with 12" Uconnect screen

My backup cam got foggy and no more visible at night, I replaced the cam and now the guidance lines can't be turned on even in the menu, if i put the old cam back in they automatically come on, put the new cam in they won't. Is there a trick I'm not aware of?

I did go to the settings camera settings to turn on those lines but it won't allow me to select the option to turn them on. Any help would be appreciated.

Watch the video

del17056936792663523488167299585405.jpg

Last edited:

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
my backup cam got foggy and no more visible at night, I replaced the cam and now the guidance lines can't be turned on even in the menu, if i put the old cam back in they automatically come on, put the new cam in they won't. Is there a trick I'm not aware of? I did go to the settings camera settings to turn on those lines but it won't allow me to select the option to turn them on. Any help would be appreciated.
Did you use an oem camera? One for a Ram?

VictorK

Reaction score
Did you use an oem camera? One for a Ram?
Aftermarket direct replacement for OEM or supposedly. The camera works fine, looks exactly the same too. Does it matter aftermarket or not since the lines are in the software as a setting and not in the camera or is this one of those issues like we used to have with inkjet printers ink cartridges that expired if you used them or not the chip would shut them down? If I recall there was a case on that which found the printer manufacturers who didn't allow aftermarket inks illegal to do.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Might want to try factory resetting the radio. I have had problems where settings get stuck on or off, could be the same thing.

VictorK

Reaction score
Might want to try factory resetting the radio. I have had problems where settings get stuck on or off, could be the same thing.
If I were to reset it, then it would erase all my saved radio settings, wireless devices and navigation favorites right? I would really hate to do that, especially if it still didn't fix the issue. I seen posts where people did all that and it didn't help.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
this is how i reset my 8 inch.
it might be the same for you
it does not delete anything
  • Put your vehicle in park and ensure that it is in “RUn” mode.
  • Press and hold both the volume and turner knob buttons simultaneously.
  • Hold down the knobs for roughly 10-20 seconds.
  • A screen should flash with your vehicle’s brand name, then go dark once more.
  • Next, the brand name will return and will return to the main Uconnect® page.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If I were to reset it, then it would erase all my saved radio settings, wireless devices and navigation favorites right? I would really hate to do that, especially if it still didn't fix the issue. I seen posts where people did all that and it didn't help.
Correct.
It has worked for me and a ton others, but if you don't want to do it it's up to you. I had my steps stuck to stow mode and couldn't change to auto because the radio thought it was already in auto and nothing worked but a factory reset of the head unit, not even disconnecting the power for a few hours.
It's very common to need to delete profiles and factory reset after updates aso you should get used to the process.

VictorK

Reaction score
FYI guys To reset there is a setting in the menu on the uconnect 12" sbx. Is there a way to save my navigation favs and radio settings?

low-and-slow

Reaction score
FYI guys To reset there is a setting in the menu on the uconnect 12" sbx. Is there a way to save my navigation favs and radio settings?
Did you figure this out and get the lines back? I'm about to order a replacement camera and I'm debating on if I should save a few bucks on aftermarket or go direct mopar. I think it has something to do with the camera itself.

Users who are viewing this thread