5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup camera fuse

jd58

Reaction score
Hello this is jd58. I have a 2016 3500 Big Horn with 6.7 Cummins. It keeps blowing the backup camera fuse. It was doing it any time you put it in reverse. When the fuse blows I get a no communication code for both inbox and tailgate cameras. Putting a new fuse in and clearing codes would get rid of the inbox code but not the tailgate. I switched the cameras around and the problem then moved to the inbox. I put a new tailgate camera in and now I could clear both and they worked just fine. Cycled from reverse to drive many times. No blown fuse until I shut the hood. Go to reverse and it blows the fuse. No problem as long as the hood is open. Before I replaced the tailgate camera it would blow with the hood open. Would appreciate any input. Will pursue the parking module tomarrow since it is fed by same fuse f95 10 amp.

TelkaKit

Reaction score
Some vehicles have a hood switch that may be related to the reverse camera system. Ensure that the switch is functioning correctly and not causing a short

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hello this is jd58. I have a 2016 3500 Big Horn with 6.7 Cummins. It keeps blowing the backup camera fuse. It was doing it any time you put it in reverse. When the fuse blows I get a no communication code for both inbox and tailgate cameras. Putting a new fuse in and clearing codes would get rid of the inbox code but not the tailgate. I switched the cameras around and the problem then moved to the inbox. I put a new tailgate camera in and now I could clear both and they worked just fine. Cycled from reverse to drive many times. No blown fuse until I shut the hood. Go to reverse and it blows the fuse. No problem as long as the hood is open. Before I replaced the tailgate camera it would blow with the hood open. Would appreciate any input. Will pursue the parking module tomarrow since it is fed by same fuse f95 10 amp.
I recommend you post in the heavy-duty forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/