5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BackUp Camera cable broken

TxDanTMan

Reaction score
I broke off the connector from my coax cable connecting the backup camera to the display screen in my 2019 Ram Longhorn. I took it to my Ram dealer and was told I had to replace the entire harness that runs from the display screen to the harness in the tailgate - at a cost of $1,200 (not including labor)! Apparently the coax cable is not sold separately. Any suggestions for an alternate solution? I'd like to think that I not the only Ram owner that has broken off the coax connector. Thanks for any help you can provide.

5thgenCummins

Reaction score
I seam to have the same problem on my 2019 2500 diesel big horn. I found that I can for sure disconnect the tail gate wiring harness where it enters the truck and don't need to replace the entire body harness thank god. Only problem is that I can't find a harness that seams to fit my truck... The 1500 2019-2021 looks the exact same on both ends but claims it doesnt fit. I may buy it anyway and try it. If it does not work I will return it. The part number is 68488448AA. Did this issue ever get resolved for you OP. If so what part did you need? Also was yours a 1500 or 2500?

Users who are viewing this thread