5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup Cam Blue Screen of Death

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
500 miles on er, and backing up at Wendy’s and all I got was a blue screen saying backup system not available … Welp, 1st trip back to the dealer since delivery …. Not bad I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Give it a day and a couple on/off cycles. Mine did the same thing when I unplugged the rear wiring harness (with battery disconnected). It came back after about 24 hours or so and one or two cycles.

If that doesn't help, then yes, dealership unfortunately.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Give it a day and a couple on/off cycles. Mine did the same thing when I unplugged the rear wiring harness (with battery disconnected). It came back after about 24 hours or so and one or two cycles.

If that doesn't help, then yes, dealership unfortunately.

Thank You …. I opened and closed the tailgate when I came out of work at 5:00, and it was back on …. Have an appt at dealership for the 30th …. We’ll see …. Thx again

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank You …. I opened and closed the tailgate when I came out of work at 5:00, and it was back on …. Have an appt at dealership for the 30th …. We’ll see …. Thx again

That sounds like a couple people that had the wiring in the tailgate slightly loose .

Users who are viewing this thread