5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backseat Footwell Lights?

DeanM2

Reaction score
My 2023 Big Horn has Footwell lights in the front that stay on while driving. They are very subtle, and I like them very much. There are no equivalent lights for the backseat floor, and it is pitch black back there at night.
Does any model of Ram 1500 have something like footwell lighting in the backseat area? If so, does anyone know how to add it to my truck? If not, has anyone put in something like this that can share?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I could, I'd give you you my front foot well lighting. Why do I want to see my shoes when I'm driving? The ambient lights in the footwells and in the overhead console are visually distracting to me and I wish I could get rid of them all.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
If you could source a proper voltage that is key-on, I'd say mount a couple Dollarstore LED strips under the rear seat.
In fact, I haven't looked under my seats, but is there a key-on 12v source under the rear seat that is easy to get to? :) Might solve both DeanM2 and my problem! LOL

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Not sure what other trims have it but my 2017 and 2019 Limited's both had the rear footwells lit up with their Ambient lighting package.

Paragoptics offers an ambient lighting upgrade kit for trucks that didn't come with it but like all their products, it is quite pricey.

IMG_4941.JPG

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure what other trims have it but my 2017 and 2019 Limited's both had the rear footwells lit up with their Ambient lighting package.

Paragoptics offers an ambient lighting upgrade kit for trucks that didn't come with it but like all their products, it is quite pricey.

View attachment 174030
Looks like they are running a sale now, "only " $300.
I want the red but I don't feel comfortable with the install, or the crazy high price for some LEDs.

FM45

Reaction score
Thumb thru---

-=FM45=-

DeanM2

Reaction score
Would you mind posting some pictures, during the day, that show these lights, and where they are mounted? And if possible, the Mopar Part Number on them?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Grab a setup from OPT7 and easy install. I did the same in my Grand Cherokee Front/ Rear.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Grab a setup from OPT7 and easy install. I did the same in my Grand Cherokee Front/ Rear.

Or find a keyed 12v supply and install Dollarstore LED strips for a couple bux. :)

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2023 Big Horn has Footwell lights in the front that stay on while driving. They are very subtle, and I like them very much. There are no equivalent lights for the backseat floor, and it is pitch black back there at night.
Does any model of Ram 1500 have something like footwell lighting in the backseat area? If so, does anyone know how to add it to my truck? If not, has anyone put in something like this that can share?
i was going to do this in my Rebel but keep on delaying the project lol

First off, that Paragoptic kit is the one I want but I don't really feel like dropping that much ($749.99 for Rebels) and doing all the work (taking out door panels, etc) BUT if I am really bored I probably will go for that and spend a weekend putting it together.

Now, the easier way is to find power and ground for your front footwell lights and use a t-tap to tap into them, run wires to under the back seat and connect some led strips and you're golden. LED strips are typically lower draw than halogen (assuming you have halogen footwell light) so your stock wiring should be able to handle it.

I also have the Opt 7 kit sitting in my garage (got that for free in like 2021 or 2022 but never put it in). I figured since I have the front footwell lighting already it wouldn't make sense for me to put front footwell light for my front footwell light.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Now, the easier way is to find power and ground for your front footwell lights and use a t-tap to tap into them, run wires to under the back seat and connect some led strips and you're golden. LED strips are typically lower draw than halogen (assuming you have halogen footwell light) so your stock wiring should be able to handle it.
Now that's an idea too. Though the LED strip I have is 12v... Wonder if the front footwell lights are 12v too?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now that's an idea too. Though the LED strip I have is 12v... Wonder if the front footwell lights are 12v too?
yes the stock footwells are also 12v.

The only thing that's not 12v on the truck is the inverter output and the mild hybrid system which is 48v. All the lights onboard are 12v.

Users who are viewing this thread