5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backing Up with door open

Troublemaker

Reaction score
I am aware of the craziness that happens when you try to back up with the drivers door open. Had the pleasure of looking like an idiot at the boat ramp the day after purchased the truck. Was so glad that the ramp was busy so I could look like a complete goon. Is there a way to disable this feature that anyone is aware of?

brewdad

Reaction score
If the outside mirror and back up camera are not enough, all you can do is lower the driver door glass and stick your head out. Some folks have managed to run over themselves with door open and backing up. This is a standard safety feature.

TWRam

Reaction score
I am aware of the craziness that happens when you try to back up with the drivers door open. Had the pleasure of looking like an idiot at the boat ramp the day after purchased the truck. Was so glad that the ramp was busy so I could look like a complete goon. Is there a way to disable this feature that anyone is aware of?
The only fix I have heard of is to click the seatbelt in place, or buy one of the many aftermarket gadgets like a seatbelt extension or something that fools the system into thinking that the seatbelt is in place.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ha, that's funny. I learned about mine at the boat ramp too. I didn't know what the heck was going on; I thought my truck broke down. I looked like a complete fool and felt like one too after I figured out what was going on. :ROFLMAO:

ramhead

Reaction score
The only fix I have heard of is to click the seatbelt in place, or buy one of the many aftermarket gadgets like a seatbelt extension or something that fools the system into thinking that the seatbelt is in place.

Yeah...it's not really that difficult - that's what the car wash guys do for all newer vehicles with these "protect the idiot" systems.....they just click in the driver's seatbelt and send it through the wash.

Users who are viewing this thread