5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backfire Sound

armymp1130

Reaction score
hello all i have a 2019 ram 1509 big horn north edition with the etorque 5.7, i installed the carven cut and clamp with 5” tips and still have resonators and the backfire sound only happens when on the highway with mds off in 8th gear whenever im cruising and let off the gas it sounds like a backfire pop and im wondering if anyone else has this issue?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven’t heard of that issue anywhere. Might be a back pressure issue. Have you checked for exhaust leaks? I’d make sure that clamp is tight and the gasket bolts are tight as well. Some copper silicone might help at the joint as well if you do have a slight leak. Keep us posted.

LaFlame

Reaction score
I have the same sound with my Borla S-type cat back and no resonators. I wondered about a possible exhaust leak too. The system didn't come with a new gasket at the joint before muffler. That seems a likely spot. Or MDS cycling?

Users who are viewing this thread