5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backed too far into boat launch

Ramboh

Reaction score
Went to a different ramp than usual and it was not steep enough to get the boat to float off the bunks so i had to back in pretty far and i believe something got wet that shouldnt of. Says traction control is off and ESC is off and i have no 4wd. What is in the rear that shouldn't of gotten wet? Wheel speed sensor?

n8zcc

Reaction score
I don't know about ESC, but I get that light occasionally when driving in the rain and through puddles. If you find out, please let me know. In my case, the next day when I start the ESC light is out.

walleyecrazy

Reaction score
Very likely that one of your wheel speed sensors got some moisture in it. I would check them out and make sure the connections are good and dry.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Went to a different ramp than usual and it was not steep enough to get the boat to float off the bunks so i had to back in pretty far and i believe something got wet that shouldnt of. Says traction control is off and ESC is off and i have no 4wd. What is in the rear that shouldn't of gotten wet? Wheel speed sensor?
Yep. Sounds like a wheel speed sensor signal missing. Could be caused by rust buildup on the face of the sensor.

Last edited:

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it was me….
Unplug them, spray with electronic cleaner, allow them some time to dry out, disconnect the battery while you wait. Reconnect plugs, reconnect battery then go for a short drive.

Ramboh

Reaction score
I only found a couple of faults while browsing through Alpha OBD.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240807_195855_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20240807_195855_AlfaOBD.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20240807_195417_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20240807_195417_AlfaOBD.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 12

GMetal

Reaction score
How far did you go in? Check connectors that could have been submerged. They should all be sealed but there's a chance for a improperly assembled connector that got wet. Also check the diff for water. There's a vent that could let in water if you went too deep.

Ramboh

Reaction score
i really didnt go that far just more than i usually do. it was just at the exhaust tips and about half the rear wheel. I really dont see much that would of been submerged besides the wheel speed sensors and the parking brake solenoids (Maybe).

Users who are viewing this thread

• jmr