5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backed into wall

Reaction score
Hey folks, a buddy of mine backed my ram 1500 into a soft concrete wall with a 2 inch ball on a 5 inch drop at under 10 mph. Should I be worried about frame damage? Just left an imprint of the hitch.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey folks, a buddy of mine backed my ram 1500 into a soft concrete wall with a 2 inch ball on a 5 inch drop at under 10 mph. Should I be worried about frame damage? Just left an imprint of the hitch.
What the heck is a soft concrete wall? If it’s concrete, it’s definitely not soft. And If it’s soft, it’s definitely not concrete. :D
Unless they accidentally added slag instead of cement, then it’s definitely soft. And it will cost a lot of money to remove. Ask me how I know…

Reaction score
Doubt it hurt anything. I’ve done far more than that yanking stumps out with my hitch. Just be glad your ball hitch was still on and the cheap thin bumper didn’t take the impact.
Nice! I did that with a Chevy and pulled the rear hitch out of it

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
um...there wouldn't be any frame damage, but does your truck not have backup sensors?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What the heck is a soft concrete wall? If it’s concrete, it’s definitely not soft. And If it’s soft, it’s definitely not concrete. :D
Unless they accidentally added slag instead of cement, then it’s definitely soft. And it will cost a lot of money to remove. Ask me how I know…
You beat me to the soft concrete question. I have been involved in construction of some sort for about 40 years and have yet to see soft concrete other than when it is coming off the truck.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You beat me to the soft concrete question. I have been involved in construction of some sort for about 40 years and have yet to see soft concrete other than when it is coming off the truck.
28 years for me - all in concrete. Seen my share of pours you can still stick your boot in after 24 hours. Almost always a screw-up at the batch plant (last one was a few months ago - they loaded the cement silo with blast furnace slag on accident - oops). That was a $65k demo job / replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread