5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back-up Lights

Einstein376

Reaction score
I finally got around to installing the lights for my 2019 RAM that I bought after reading this thread months ago:

Added some reverse lights today

Fairly easy install. I needed a ratcheting 10mm box-end to remove the plastic trim pieces where the lights are mounted as I didn’t want to move the exhaust tips or take out the spare tire. I used a Demel with a cut off disc to cut the plastic for the light which worked pretty well. The rest was straight forward using waterproof butt connectors to wire up the lights along with heat shrink over the butt connectors just to keep things tidy.

Having the extra light at night is nice and makes this low cost project worthwhile.

Jim

IMG_0345.jpeg IMG_0344.jpeg IMG_0335.jpeg IMG_0337.jpeg

n8zcc

Reaction score
The LED housings integrate nicely in that location, damn near looks factory. You got me thinking...

Amazon doesn't have these and doesn't know when or if they will. I'm looking for a suitable replacement that will fit. The housing used by the OP is 4.3 by 2.3 inches. If anyone finds a replacement please post the link.

Last edited:

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The LED housings integrate nicely in that location, damn near looks factory. You got me thinking...

Amazon doesn't have these and doesn't know when or if they will. I'm looking for a suitable replacement that will fit. The housing used by the OP is 4.3 by 2.3 inches. If anyone finds a replacement please post the link.
Rigid Ignites highly recommend! cost more though

Rigid Ignites If you're in no rush they usually come down in price. My last set I paid $102

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread