5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back up Camera

Captain

Reaction score
Hi, I hope this is the correct Forum Section for this post.
Because this is the first truck I have ever had with a back up camera; I just found out that my 2019 Tradesman does not have a warning alarm when you back up too close to a object.
Like I said, this is the first time with a back up camera in my truck; so I am still in the habit of using and trusting my side mirrors like in my Semi Truck,
If I had not been paying attention on backing up ; I would have backed into a fence.
So tried it again and sure enough, no back up alarm on my truck, Just the camera.
I called the dealership and they confirmed that my model of truck Does Not have a back up alarm.
It would be a good item to mention if you have any friends or relatives who are looking to purchase a new Ram Truck.
Hope this helps someone else.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I hope this is the correct Forum Section for this post.
Because this is the first truck I have ever had with a back up camera; I just found out that my 2019 Tradesman does not have a warning alarm when you back up too close to a object.
Like I said, this is the first time with a back up camera in my truck; so I am still in the habit of using and trusting my side mirrors like in my Semi Truck,
If I had not been paying attention on backing up ; I would have backed into a fence.
So tried it again and sure enough, no back up alarm on my truck, Just the camera.
I called the dealership and they confirmed that my model of truck Does Not have a back up alarm.
It would be a good item to mention if you have any friends or relatives who are looking to purchase a new Ram Truck.
Hope this helps someone else.

I'm guessing that the tradesman does not have the sensors in the bumper, which is what is used for distance to objects and thus the backup alarm.

Users who are viewing this thread