5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back up camera

Shmannion13

Reaction score
I apologize if this is a duplicate thread. My problem is with the back up camera. When I’m backing up on steep inclines especially when road flattens out in my path the truck senses the road I’m guessing and brakes and puts parking brake on. Idk if it’s out of adjustment

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
First thing I did was turn that braking feature off. You back up close to a bush and it will stop you. And it is such a harsh stop, just can't deal with it.

papac0rn

Reaction score
You can turn off auto braking in the Uconnect menu. I think its called e brake. Just disable it. I've left mine on because its only happened once when backing up into a parking spot. It saw the cement edge and wouldn't let me get any closer.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I disabled both the front and rear auto braking stuff, just used the 2 switches under the hvac controls for that. System sounds nice in theory but sweet mother of mercy do they ever suck; first little bit of snow falling off your front bumper and you have traffic cork-screwing up your butt. Not a fan.

Kooch80

Reaction score
I turned that auto brake feature off the day I bought the truck. I do like my sensors though

Users who are viewing this thread