5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back Up camera lens shattered

sep1006

Reaction score
Okay, somehow or another someone shattered my back up camera lens and in doing so scratched up the pain around it. The paint I can fix, especially since it really isn't in a noticeable place. But the camera lens, the camera itself still works but with the lens being magnified I can't see anything clearly.

So I suppose I have to replace the whole thin correct? And if so has anyone done this and how hard is it>

Thanks,
Steve

Ultra-Harley

Reaction score
Okay, somehow or another someone shattered my back up camera lens and in doing so scratched up the pain around it. The paint I can fix, especially since it really isn't in a noticeable place. But the camera lens, the camera itself still works but with the lens being magnified I can't see anything clearly.

So I suppose I have to replace the whole thin correct? And if so has anyone done this and how hard is it>

Thanks,
Steve
Its easy to replace I dont think they are very expensive...check the dealer or aftermarket replacement. Its just a camera on a little card.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Looks simple enough.

Attachments

• 08 - Electrical_8B - Chime_Buzzer_Driver Assist_CAMERA, Surround View_Removal and Installation...pdf
    43.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 23 - Body_Decklid_Hatch_Liftgate_Tailgate_Swing Gate_HANDLE, Latch Release_Removal and Install...pdf
    140.1 KB · Views: 10

sep1006

Reaction score
Thanks Guys. I got on You Tube last night and saw some similar replacements. Will get to the stealer this morning and buy another camera.

Users who are viewing this thread