5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back seat mod

tm757

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to modify and lower the back seat of a 2020 RAM Bighorn crew cab? I would love the extra storage for off road equipment. The only one I saw in my search was for a Laramie, Not the same as my truck.

e55amg2

Reaction score
If you lower the back seat, you'd lose space underneath it.....or am I reading this wrong?

tm757

Reaction score
I just want to be able to lay the top section (back cushion) down which is in a fixed position, put stuff behind it and raise the top section back into the normal position.

Ksiegel9

Reaction score
I have a 2020 bighorn has anyone done this mod with success? I was battling with it all day today using 3/4in spacer and no cutting because I had saw a YouTube comment that said if I raise it to 3/4th I’d be able to have full access of the back wall without cutting (ideal for me). But if that is not the case and the 5/8ths and cutting works for a 2020 then I guess I’ll have to change my tune haha. Thanks everyone

BrickWurX

Reaction score
Cutting the catches will work. When cut correctly, raising the lower seat at a 45 degree angle will lift the rear enough to free the back to fold forward. There are a few vids on YouTube that demonstrate this.

Another option is to lift the seat with spacers. This requires no permanent mod to your seat, and will allow the seat to fold forward, and adds room for a sub. (I have not tried or handled these). Here

The downside to either mod is that if you haul with the lower seats folded up; there is a chance they will not stay in place during braking, or can slam forward and down on a hard brake. Which may or may not be an issue for some. The design on the lower lifting seat cantilevers in such a way as to reduce the actual space behind the seat when actuating motion of the lower seat by more than an inch, so there is less space for storage than what may appear when stationary in the down position. A lot less if you have Etorque, as the 48 volt battery is located behind the driver side rear seat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread