5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back seat folding/removal

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
Hello all. Does anyone know how to fold or remove the back seat that rests against the cab? Checked owner’s manual and nothing. TIA.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yes, recline the rear seats, fold down the center console, look upwards towards the headrest, you will see a small black bungee looking cord, pull to release. (and I always Checkairspeed)

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I went to fold my rear seats, the cord worked fine on the driver's side. But on the passenger's side, when I pulled the cord, it pulled right out. The cord was never tied to the release lever. I had to take a stiff wire, bend the end 90 degrees and catch the hole that the cord was supposed to be fastened around. I then pulled on the wire to release the lever. I tied a double knot to the cord on both rear sides after that.

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
yes, recline the rear seats, fold down the center console, look upwards towards the headrest, you will see a small black bungee looking cord, pull to release. (and I always Checkairspeed)
Thanks I try it tomorrow. And remember , airspeed is nice, but rotor speed is life!

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Got them to fold down.

lapedr

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know the seats did that good info!!!

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My seats don’t fold stock. But there’s a mod for that! See below for those of you who don’t have folding rear seats but would like them.

I can’t take credit for this mod. I wish I remembered who posted this so I could give credit.So shout out to the OM (original modder):D

Attachments

• Folding Rear Seat Mod.pdf
    609.5 KB · Views: 249

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i had to do a mod to remove the subwoofer.since i was going to be taking it out.i thought i might as well do a "RearSeat"fold down mod

Users who are viewing this thread