5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back ordered 2019 trailer brake controller

reb0957

Reaction score
I purchased my truck on 10-23-19. A factory trailer brake controller was ordered that day. I am now being told this is back ordered until 10-20-20 and I probably won't get it then. Any one else here of this issue and is there anythign I can do to get one sooner?
Yes, I could go after market but I like the fact there is a place for the facry one and I wont be hitting my leg on it.

Moe1962

Reaction score
There is a thread on here that list the separate part numbers to order. The kit has been back logged for a long time, as you know. I just ordered the parts separately and got all of them in, in about a week. Ordered from one of the original Mopar sites. All Mopar original items.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
There is a thread on here that list the separate part numbers to order. The kit has been back logged for a long time, as you know. I just ordered the parts separately and got all of them in, in about a week. Ordered from one of the original Mopar sites. All Mopar original items.
Here is the link to that thread. Very helpful.

There are lots of websites out there selling OEM Mopar parts. I also ordered all the OEM parts individually online from one of the Mopar parts websites and had the dealer install. Easy. I tried to order from a few different dealers and was receiving very long wait times plus the parts were way more expensive.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
The dealer will most likely do the install and flash and hopefully discount the cost of the kit.

jakemyster84

Reaction score
I ordered my kit off ebay for $158 plus tax last week, arrived at my house yesterday. I installed it myself which took about 30 minutes and easy to do. I have my appointment with the dealership in an hour to reprogram the computer to recognize the controller.

TheMopars

Reaction score

Yup, I ordered all the OEM parts from that thread, controller, dash switch, bracket, screws and plate nuts, $129 shipped. Ordered over the weekend and arrived today. Installing this weekend.

jakemyster84

Reaction score
I ordered my kit off ebay for $158 plus tax last week, arrived at my house yesterday. I installed it myself which took about 30 minutes and easy to do. I have my appointment with the dealership in an hour to reprogram the computer to recognize the controller.
cost a half hour labor at the dealership and all is working. Total at dealership was $73 with tax, so all in it was about $245.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found out the same thing when I tried to order through allmoparparts.com. Back ordered until October

Rustin5

Reaction score
Ordered the kit on eBay this morning, it has already shipped out. List price $158

Users who are viewing this thread