5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back in Black

BigolHorn67

Reaction score
Hey all,

Like the title says I'm back in a black Ram. The first one was a 1998 sport model which had a great motor but also the issues that year is well known for such as cracked dash, rust and severe clear coat issues. Of course all showed up after warranty expired so I traded for a F150. It was a good vehicle until I had the same issue twice, which luckily was under warranty. After getting stranded 400 miles from home, I decided it was time to come back and I purchased a 21 Crew Cab 4x4 hemi torque on the trip home. Loving the truck so far and really hope FCA has the issues ironed out that I had with the 98.

Looking forward to learning from y'all since I have been out for several years.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey all,

Like the title says I'm back in a black Ram. The first one was a 1998 sport model which had a great motor but also the issues that year is well known for such as cracked dash, rust and severe clear coat issues. Of course all showed up after warranty expired so I traded for a F150. It was a good vehicle until I had the same issue twice, which luckily was under warranty. After getting stranded 400 miles from home, I decided it was time to come back and I purchased a 21 Crew Cab 4x4 hemi torque on the trip home. Loving the truck so far and really hope FCA has the issues ironed out that I had with the 98.

Looking forward to learning from y'all since I have been out for several years.
Welcome! I had a '97, man that was a great truck. I think you'll find the issues from that gen truck have been replaced by a new set. Not complaining, every mfr has them. I like my '20 a lot, hope to keep it as long as I kept the old one

Users who are viewing this thread