5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This video is of the B2 Fabrication Bolt Muffler (DR-06 Moderate).

(I should note that I left all 3 stock resonators in place to avoid drone in MDS mode.)

I have also added the Mopar 5" Black Exhaust Tips Mopar (82216079AA) & Mopar RAM AirFlow Intake Kit (77072428AB)

A little deeper tone than the stock chrome tips.

Last edited:

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the aggressive round exhaust? Not the most aggressive straight pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s the aggressive straight through muffler. It’s not the muffler delete. It’s louder than the Magnaflow option. This muffler is styled after the pypes m80

mchech

Reaction score
I have the tradesman with the single exit and im stuck between the bigger muffler with resonator delete or the just the pypes option. I would like to go dual exit but the price seems like it would be high. Any suggestions?

sawyer84

Reaction score
I would go with the bigger (oval) muffler and resonator delete. It made a noticeable difference when I did that. I realize you only have a single exit, but I think you can expect the same. With that being said, before I had my tune I will always put the transmission in -8, so that it doesn't go to 4cyl mode. So, I never dealt with the drone of 4cyl mode. If you don't have an option to put your transmission in -8, or if you don't plan on getting a tune, then you may want to leave the resonator.

mchech

Reaction score
I would go with the bigger (oval) muffler and resonator delete. It made a noticeable difference when I did that. I realize you only have a single exit, but I think you can expect the same. With that being said, before I had my tune I will always put the transmission in -8, so that it doesn't go to 4cyl mode. So, I never dealt with the drone of 4cyl mode. If you don't have an option to put your transmission in -8, or if you don't plan on getting a tune, then you may want to leave the resonator.
I found an stock dual exit on marketplace so I might buy that and modify that setup and I don’t really mind the drone.

mchech

Reaction score
I most definitely want to go with b2 because its 10 min away from my house.

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
This is the same setup i have and have been on the edge about getting the resonator deletes with it bc i dont want to make it too much louder lol i love the sound that is has now but i wouldnt mind getting rid of the puttering sound from the weep holes on start up as well as cleaning up the drone a little bit more.. When you get a chance would you mind taking a video of a startup after warm?! Im leaning towards doing the resonator delete with the magnaflow! TIA
Not sure if you’ve done anything about it or even still have the truck, but I covered my weep holes up with JB Weld High Temp and it did the trick!! No more puttering noise!

Tsms1008

Reaction score
i Have been looking into the B2 round muffler with resonator deletes but on there site it says for towing trailers. Is this because of the drone while towing? I only tow a snowmobile trailer about 10 times a year. And don’t want to miss the exhaust I want in fear of issues

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if you’ve done anything about it or even still have the truck, but I covered my weep holes up with JB Weld High Temp and it did the trick!! No more puttering noise!
Old thread I know, but is there a down side to covering the weep holes in the resonators ?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
YES! It was so bad I didn’t even want to post an exhaust clip.

So do you drain em, did you delete em, or plug em and roll the dice ?

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I plugged them the next day. Ran them like that for a few months. Then I wanted more sound and deleted the resonators.

Before
After

Chances are none of us will ever own the truck long enough to actually have them rust out of you close the holes

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
B2 Fabrication Round Muffler
B2 Fabrication Factory Resonator Delete Kit
Factory Exhaust Tips

So impressed with this setup. I bought the entire kit all at once, with the intentions of only running the B2 Round Muffler. I figured I'd buy the resonator delete kit as a just in case type thing (which paid off), and sell it if I decided not to use it. After adding just the exhaust, I was pretty much satisfied with the sound. I decided to run it with the new exhaust and factory resonators for a few days to see how I liked it after putting some miles on it. Unfortunately, I found this setup to drone too much for my liking when at highway speeds, specifically in 8th gear. I had a few tell me that they experienced the same thing and that adding the resonator delete kit actually reduced the drone/cab noise significantly. I was hesitant but with that said, I gave it a shot and could not be happier with the results. The cold starts are a bit more aggressive which I honestly have no complaints about, and the ride stays quiet while maintaining speed in any gear or mph. The only time you hear the note of the exhaust from the interior is when under acceleration, and the noise output is completely based upon how much you decide to mash the throttle! I've only been on this setup for a week now, but at this point it is a 10 out of 10 for me. Excellent quality, excellent sound, excellent price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/