5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B2 Fabrication DR-04

ToyjoHa

Reaction score
Good evening y'all,

I ordered the B2 Fabrication round aggressive muffler system (DR-04). I am preparing for the installation. I would like some advice about what I might need, could need, and/or “would be nice”. I, also, would like any advice or pro-tips for the install. This is the first time that I am doing anything like this, however, I rebuilt my Harley by watching videos and reading a book and it started on the first try and ran like a champ.
For cutting the pipe: Exhaust and Tailpipe Cutter.
I read that this is the easiest to cut with and cuts level and square every time.
For removing the rubber supports: Exhaust Hanger Removal Pliers.
I read that they sometimes are tough to remove, then I was told by Matt to just use WD40 and they come right out.
For clamping the pipe: EVIL ENERGY 3 Inch Stainless Steel Exhaust V Band Clamp Mild Steel Flat Flange Assembly.
I read the clamps that come with it are cheaply made, but then I was told by Matt that it is fine and a different clamp is not needed.
For sealing the pipe: Permatex 80335 Muffler and Tailpipe Sealer.
I have not heard or read anything against using this, but have read more than once that this is a must.
For rehanging the muffler: Rubber Hanger Insulator Bracket Bushing Mount.
I figured just might as well change them while I am removing them.
As for installation,
I heard that I should cut at 1 1/2 inches from the rear of the factory muffler outlet instead of 1 1/4 inches as the directions state.
Is there something that I need to do or an adjustment on the resonators?

Thanks in Advance,
Rev. Jimmy

Last edited:

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've installed the B2 Oval muffler on both Ram's I've had, along with the reso delete kit. I just made the cuts where the directions said to with a reciprocating saw, which weren't perfect but you can't see them under the clamps anyway. Easiest way I found to deal with the hangers was to just unbolt them from the frame and then get it apart once the muffler was out from under the truck. A little spray of WD40 and the rubber bushings slid right off. There should be no need to replace the rubber hangers unless you somehow destroy them upon removal. I did have some issues with the clamps I received on my first muffler, but he made it right and has since rectified the issue and the second set I received worked just fine and have stayed tight after I ran them on with a cordless impact. I also used the Permatex 81878 copper sealant on both systems and it seems to do the job.

ToyjoHa

Reaction score
I wondered if it was easier to just remove the whole bracket, now I know.
I never thought about it, but Blue Loctite is probably a good idea. Thanks

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
You might be over thinking it. Follow the instructions and you will be fine. It’s a pretty easy install as stated spray the rubber hangers with WD-40 the will come off with a little elbow grease.

Users who are viewing this thread