5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B Pillars Trim Removal

JJMcCool

Reaction score
Those are just plastic wraps on the pillars. I took them off my 2016 and I will be taking them off my 19. It's got your regular color underneath. BTW I have the same color as yours!
Got any pics of what it looks like with the body color? I'm liking the idea!

tdwilli1

Reaction score
Got any pics of what it looks like with the body color? I'm liking the idea!

As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, the '19's don't have the warp on the pillar like the previous years and consequently the same mod can't be done... :(

JJMcCool

Reaction score
As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, the '19's don't have the warp on the pillar like the previous years and consequently the same mod can't be done... :(
Oh, man...that's too bad. It would look great!

SACdragger

Reaction score
As stated before, the pillars have Hard, removable, plastic trim panels that are held on with light adhesive and 3 clips per door. Not too hard to remove. I just ran a razor knife down both sides to cut the adhesive, and some relatively light prying to pop the clips loose. I don’t see a viable reason for removing them since it’s not A very attractive look with them removed. Besides wrapping them in PPF as stated. It is body color underneath, but there’s recessed areas and holes for the clips. The higher end trim levels have the nicer piano black finish whereas the lower trim packages have the black textured plastic finish, which is what I had. I removed mine, smoothed, and painted them to look like the higher trim trucks. Came out nice. (I paint for a living)

Attachments

• CEE81CB4-7D0E-40BA-8DE9-97ABADF489C6.jpeg
    CEE81CB4-7D0E-40BA-8DE9-97ABADF489C6.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 208

bhall0023

Reaction score
As stated before, the pillars have Hard, removable, plastic trim panels that are held on with light adhesive and 3 clips per door. Not too hard to remove. I just ran a razor knife down both sides to cut the adhesive, and some relatively light prying to pop the clips loose. I don’t see a viable reason for removing them since it’s not A very attractive look with them removed. Besides wrapping them in PPF as stated. It is body color underneath, but there’s recessed areas and holes for the clips. The higher end trim levels have the nicer piano black finish whereas the lower trim packages have the black textured plastic finish, which is what I had. I removed mine, smoothed, and painted them to look like the higher trim trucks. Came out nice. (I paint for a living)
How do you remove the trim?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

Attachments

• 23 - Body:Interior:PANEL, A-Pillar Trim, With Grab Handle:Removal and Installation REMOVAL AN...pdf
    55.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 23 - Body:Interior:PANEL, B-Pillar Trim, Lower:Removal and Installation REMOVAL AND INSTALLAT...pdf
    72.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 23 - Body:Interior:PANEL, B-Pillar Trim, Upper:Removal and Installation REMOVAL AND INSTALLAT...pdf
    103.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 23 - Body:Interior:PANEL, C-Pillar Trim, Lower:Removal and Installation REMOVAL AND INSTALLAT...pdf
    37.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 23 - Body:Interior:PANEL, C-Pillar Trim, Upper:Removal and Installation REMOVAL AND INSTALLAT...pdf
    35.5 KB · Views: 39

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here you go. Included all pillars just in case.

Cheers,
Those are awesome Neuro, and I know I'll find them very handy in the future. But I believe this thread is about the exterior B-pillar trim. All your attached files are for interior trim removal.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Those are awesome Neuro, and I know I'll find them very handy in the future. But I believe this thread is about the exterior B-pillar trim. All your attached files are for interior trim removal.
Oops. My bad.
Here you go lads ;)

Attachments

• 23 - Body:Door - Front:APPLIQUE:Removal and Installation REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION.pdf
    87 KB · Views: 103
  • 23 - Body:Doors - Rear:APPLIQUE:Removal and Installation REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION.pdf
    83.3 KB · Views: 60

Astubbs9

Reaction score
Oops. My bad.
Here you go lads ;)
@Neurobit thanks for sharing those diagrams, super helpful. They only thing I’m still not clear on is how to go about getting the pillar piece off from behind the weather stripping of the window itself. I notice it’s tucked behind it. Wondering if this will cause an issue after removal and replacement i.e. not sealing correctly or something?

I’m looking to replace mine as guys from a shop wiped mine with a rag that appears to have had wax or something on it and now I can’t get it to look original after trying several different things to fix it 😔

Attachments

• 73675593-1036-4869-B127-47D4697D178B.jpeg
    73675593-1036-4869-B127-47D4697D178B.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 82
  • DF612C4B-BA8A-4624-A6DD-F7D59FB4D719.jpeg
    DF612C4B-BA8A-4624-A6DD-F7D59FB4D719.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 83

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Neurobit thanks for sharing those diagrams, super helpful. They only thing I’m still not clear on is how to go about getting the pillar piece off from behind the weather stripping of the window itself. I notice it’s tucked behind it. Wondering if this will cause an issue after removal and replacement i.e. not sealing correctly or something?

I’m looking to replace mine as guys from a shop wiped mine with a rag that appears to have had wax or something on it and now I can’t get it to look original after trying several different things to fix it 😔
Before you replace them, try removing the residue using a white pencil eraser. If it's wax it should come off with that. I've heard that pink erasers work as well, but white seems to work better.

D Reezy

Reaction score
I bought the Limited ones and they just stick on . You just have to remove the old adhesive and clean the pilar first . The truck looks way better now.

Tsingh1235

Reaction score
I bought the Limited ones and they just stick on . You just have to remove the old adhesive and clean the pilar first . The truck looks way better now.
Do you have the part number for the limited ones or link to where you bought them?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Before you replace them, try removing the residue using a white pencil eraser. If it's wax it should come off with that. I've heard that pink erasers work as well, but white seems to work better.
(y)
Keep one in the glove compartment for the occasional "wax on the trim".
No connection to Staedler - wish I did.

Users who are viewing this thread