5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B. F. Goodrich.

J

jimh4662@

Anybody notice the model of the Standard option of B. F Goodrich 20" tires on the Laramie longhorn. They look like they are a lower cut/profile size. Compared to aftermarket Goodyear/Michelin 275/60

D

Deleted member103

jimh4662@ said:
Anybody notice the model of the Standard option of B. F Goodrich 20" tires on the Laramie longhorn. They look like they are a lower cut/profile size. Compared to aftermarket Goodyear/Michelin 275/60
All one need do is go to the Manufacturers website and go thru the paces -- the "Details" are in the charts, no guessing required !

J

jimh4662@

Do manufactures detail the supplied size and model tires Sterling Heights is putting on the 2019 Ram 1500? Cool! Thanks, I'll look into it. Appreciate your quick response.

D

Deleted member103

jimh4662@ said:
Do manufactures detail the supplied size and model tires Sterling Heights is putting on the 2019 Ram 1500? Cool! Thanks, I'll look into it. Appreciate your quick response.
?? -- I didn't say that . I said YOU find out what the RAM tire IS via any number of ways . . . then you can go to the Tire Manufacturers website and key in the information and go to that tires SPEC sheets and, there you go !

J

jimh4662@

Ok thanks. My 2014 came with 275/60 -20 The stock 2019 apparently is a smaller tire. It's a 275/55. Approximately 4 percent smaller and the foot print looks more narrow. I've developed the information I was inquiring about. Again thanks. They maintain a 20 inch wheel and option a 22 wheel but put a smaller diameter tire. Seems to defeat the purpose.

Flot

Reaction score
jimh4662@ said:
Ok thanks. My 2014 came with 275/60 -20 The stock 2019 apparently is a smaller tire. It's a 275/55. Approximately 4 percent smaller and the foot print looks more narrow. I've developed the information I was inquiring about. Again thanks. They maintain a 20 inch wheel and option a 22 wheel but put a smaller diameter tire. Seems to defeat the purpose.
If the online config tool can be trusted, then it all depends on what package(s) you choose. If you spec out a Laramie or Longhorn they still list 275/60r20 as one of the tire choices.

It may be that for the tire they wanted on the other package, 275/55 was the only available option for that manufacturer. Or could be just a minor appearance change. In any case, it's not a major difference. I am on my 3rd set of Wrangler SR-As in 60k miles, I'm hoping this truck comes with something different.

CMENT

Reaction score
Flot said:
If the online config tool can be trusted, then it all depends on what package(s) you choose. If you spec out a Laramie or Longhorn they still list 275/60r20 as one of the tire choices.

It may be that for the tire they wanted on the other package, 275/55 was the only available option for that manufacturer. Or could be just a minor appearance change. In any case, it's not a major difference. I am on my 3rd set of Wrangler SR-As in 60k miles, I'm hoping this truck comes with something different.
I absolutely despise the SR-A's. Just garbage.I found them terrible in snow and ice, but decent on road. They were like ice skates on wet clay and forest roads. And like you, they needed replacing at 20,000-25,000 miles. They were OEM on my Fords and were quickly replaced with Coopers or MIchilin LTZ's.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I too hate the SR-As. I got rid of them with still 85-90% tread still left on them because I despised them so much, As far as I can tell, Ram ditched them with the 2019s.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Buy the Rebel...get the Duratracs
263a.png
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

D

Deleted member103

jimh4662@ said:
Jimmy, jimmy . . . slow down . . . deep breath , , , exhale . . . ah !
icon_rolleyes.gif

263a.png
. Better ? Now, I need to ask You a question (that is if you don't mind me being a tad bit "inquisitive" for the moment) !?
   WHAT PURPOSE, Yours or RAMS ?
"WHEELS" have a Range of TIRE size Widths that will "work," again checking any tire manufacturers Tire Spec Sheet will inform you of that - thus the possible actual or appearance of narrower or wider "head-on" view under load/on the vehicle ! Tire Air pressure will heavily influence that too ! OK Kids, class is done for the day, remember not to take candy from strangers on the walk home, and if the School bus driver seems "creepy," avoid eye contact and definitely don't take candy from HIM !
263a.png

1f606.png
!

Kilgy5

Reaction score
Been a michillen man for a long time with a few other over the years but i recently put continental s on and i would never go with anything else ever again. Glued to the road in all conditions

D

Deleted member103

Kilgy5 said:
Been a michillen man for a long time with a few other over the years but i recently put continental s on and i would never go with anything else ever again. Glued to the road in all conditions
Unexpected HAIL Storm ? SIX inches of fresh powder snow ? Should I go on . . . ? NO TIRE is THAT Capable . But I must say that my very 1st car - FIAT 850 sport coupe ( 1971 ) came with Continentals - and though they looked good and did have some road sticking qualities (i.e. softer compound) they-thus lasted
less than "prescribed" ! Of Course that was then; this is now . . . and ALL major tire manufacturers are leaps & bounds better ! I believe - for the majority - buying tires is like buying a vehicle or a certain loaf of bread -- "TASTE" -- well and financial ability ! Mmmmm, Mmmmm, GOOD Love those CONTI's !
263a.png

J

jimh4662@

Missed whole point. Option 275/60 white wall. 1200.00 option. No whites for me. After Market Michs about 900.00 for 275/60. So after I get the truck getting minicoopers. Off and putting Michs on. But catch your breath and set back, live life.

D

Deleted member103

jimh4662@ said:
Missed whole point. Option 275/60 white wall. 1200.00 option. No whites for me. After Market Michs about 900.00 for 275/60. So after I get the truck getting minicoopers. Off and putting Michs on. But catch your breath and set back, live life.
LOST ME ! earlier you never mentioned "MONEY" so ? I was just trying to be helpful not being aware of your knowledge level in the tire size thing .

J

jimh4662@

Cool, All's good. First stop Els tire. Michelin 275/60/r20. Fits wheel well much better. Plus the foot print is cut strong on edges not rounded adding to the appearance of having minicoopers tires on a Ram

Users who are viewing this thread