5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Axle paint

D-dub

Reaction score
As a lot of you dont know, I work in skilled trades of SHAP (Sterling Heights Assembly Plant) that builds these trucks. I've spoken with the liaison for the axles and here's the touch up paint color that they use when they need to touch up a axle for whatever reason. This is a can the liaison gave me. I believe it can be purchased at Home Depot. Just a little tip from me to the members who like to keep up on these little things.

Attachments

• IMG_20210530_151927.jpg
    IMG_20210530_151927.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20210530_151932.jpg
    IMG_20210530_151932.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 50

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yep. At $1.38 a can, it is the cheapest spray paint money can buy.

Only the best when you spend $60 - $70k for a truck. :D

Jako

Reaction score
$1.38 a can. What's in it? Toxic waste!
Somebody come across a stash of the "good old days" of lead and mercury and relabeled it?
That stuff worked great as a paint. Not so good for the painter and environment.
I shouldn't leave out the kids who ate the paint chips.

ben b

Reaction score
As a lot of you dont know, I work in skilled trades of SHAP (Sterling Heights Assembly Plant) that builds these trucks. I've spoken with the liaison for the axles and here's the touch up paint color that they use when they need to touch up a axle for whatever reason. This is a can the liaison gave me. I believe it can be purchased at Home Depot. Just a little tip from me to the members who like to keep up on these little things.
Appreciate the insider info!

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
$1.38 a can. What's in it? Toxic waste!
Somebody come across a stash of the "good old days" of lead and mercury and relabeled it?
That stuff worked great as a paint. Not so good for the painter and environment.
I shouldn't leave out the kids who ate the paint chips.
The paint chip eating is referred to as "Natural selection". 👍

Users who are viewing this thread