5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AWE 0FG exhaust

Krawlinyj

Reaction score
I've got a 2020 Built To Serve with the 5.7 eTorque. I am looking at either a Corsa catback or just stumbled on the AWE 0FG catback system. I tow a 23' wakeboat and don't want it to be obnoxious in the cab. I don't care if my neighbors hate it because I hate their digs barking all the time.
Does anyone here have the AWE 0FG exhaust and what are your thoughts?
Any forum deals or recommended vendors out there for exhaust?

Clv22p

Reaction score
No deals on AWE. Their “sale” this year was announcing a price increase 12/13.

I did see someone post a coupon code for a corsa exhaust but can’t find it now.

RamLink83

Reaction score
I have the AWE. Looks and sounds great. Definitely will wake the neighbors on cold start. Pretty loud at first but calms down. Not crazy loud in the cab and actually pretty quiet at cruising speeds. Not sure how it will be when towing, but I'm sure it will be noticable in the cab just like any other exhaust. I had the Borla Touring previously and the AWE is quieter in the cab.

carbonfold

Reaction score
Handful of us have been posting over on the other thread but is is not a disappointing exhaust. Aggressive but does not come with all the drone that many other exhausts come with. Cold start is not quiet by all means but I'm not sure about while pulling/hauling. That typically is always a problem with most or any exhausts. You may post over here and see if anyone has any experience pulling/hauling:

Nova90

Reaction score
Been going crazy listening to clips on the internet too. Back and forth between Borla ATAK and AWE. Nothing like hearing it in person. Luckily, AWE is about 20 min from me. I've contacted them and plan to stop in to hear it on a Ram. If it is what I'm expecting, they even do the install right there!

John from AWE described it like this:

"Our exhaust will do exactly what you are asking. At part throttle, you hear a nice rumble and the Hemi sound comes out but it's not overbearing. At cruising speeds and on the highway, you really don't hear anything at all. In most cases on the highway, normal road noise is louder than the exhaust.

However, when harder on the throttle, it really comes to life and brings out the old-school Hemi rowdiness that you want. "

Krawlinyj

Reaction score
Been going crazy listening to clips on the internet too. Back and forth between Borla ATAK and AWE. Nothing like hearing it in person. Luckily, AWE is about 20 min from me. I've contacted them and plan to stop in to hear it on a Ram. If it is what I'm expecting, they even do the install right there!

John from AWE described it like this:

"Our exhaust will do exactly what you are asking. At part throttle, you hear a nice rumble and the Hemi sound comes out but it's not overbearing. At cruising speeds and on the highway, you really don't hear anything at all. In most cases on the highway, normal road noise is louder than the exhaust.

However, when harder on the throttle, it really comes to life and brings out the old-school Hemi rowdiness that you want. "
Been seeing some recent complaints about Borla fit and finish as well as ATAK being a bit too overbearing. Those 2 items led me to look elsewhere. My wife's cousin has Corsa on his truck and it sounds good. Came across the AWE and it got my interest piqued.
Nick at GotExhaust doesn't have AWE in stock and it's 10 weeks out through AWE. He has the Corsa and they've been around forever....I don't know what to do

CHIC

Reaction score
I've been looking at the Borla as well but the fitment issues everyone says they are having are pushing me away. I also am looking at the AWE, but the cost and the lead time are a bit too much. If you can wait, I would say wait on the AWE. Nothing but good things I am hearing about it.

Nova90

Reaction score
Agreed. All the posts about fitment issues with the Borla began to worry me. I'm meeting with the AWE folks next Tuesday. Since they are local to me, they offered to let me hear the exhaust installed on a Ram in person. I figured it would be fun to check out their place anyway. Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll set up an appointment with them for the install. I will ask about lead time, it sounded like they could arrange for the purchase/install fairly quickly. I guess due to the fact that it would be handled directly from their facility.

carbonfold

Reaction score
Been seeing some recent complaints about Borla fit and finish as well as ATAK being a bit too overbearing. Those 2 items led me to look elsewhere. My wife's cousin has Corsa on his truck and it sounds good. Came across the AWE and it got my interest piqued.
Nick at GotExhaust doesn't have AWE in stock and it's 10 weeks out through AWE. He has the Corsa and they've been around forever....I don't know what to do

Turn 14 Distribution shows AWE systems with chrome silver tips in stock (5 in PA and 2 in TX). Not sure if they will sell directly to the general public but they should be able to tell you where you can order it from. Diamond black tips have been on backorder for a while.

Krawlinyj

Reaction score
Agreed. All the posts about fitment issues with the Borla began to worry me. I'm meeting with the AWE folks next Tuesday. Since they are local to me, they offered to let me hear the exhaust installed on a Ram in person. I figured it would be fun to check out their place anyway. Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll set up an appointment with them for the install. I will ask about lead time, it sounded like they could arrange for the purchase/install fairly quickly. I guess due to the fact that it would be handled directly from their facility.
Yeah I heard 10 weeks direct from AWE. Crazy

Krawlinyj

Reaction score
Turn 14 Distribution shows AWE systems with chrome silver tips in stock (5 in PA and 2 in TX). Not sure if they will sell directly to the general public but they should be able to tell you where you can order it from. Diamond black tips have been on backorder for a while.
Black tips are what I need unfortunately

Nova90

Reaction score
Yeah I heard 10 weeks direct from AWE. Crazy
I'll find out next Tuesday when I stop by their shop. They already gave me a quote for the exhaust and install. I'd just like to hear it before pulling the trigger.

CHIC

Reaction score

That's pretty awesome!! PLease let us know what you think and what they say about times. I'm not to far from there!

Nova90

Reaction score
That's pretty awesome!! PLease let us know what you think and what they say about times. I'm not to far from there!
I stopped by their shop last week and was really impressed. One of their folks has a 4th Gen Ram Hemi and he let me hear it cold start, etc. He even took me for a short drive to get a feel for the interior cabin sound, sound at full throttle, etc. I thought the system sounded great and placed an order with them while I was there. I wanted the black tips which they didn't have in stock. They expect to have the exhaust done in 8-10 weeks. We set up an install date for the exhaust. They will do the installation right at their shop. They asked me what I wanted to do with the stock exhaust and I told them to dispose of it. I'll take off the barely used stock black tips though. I can't wait.

CHIC

Reaction score
I stopped by their shop last week and was really impressed. One of their folks has a 4th Gen Ram Hemi and he let me hear it cold start, etc. He even took me for a short drive to get a feel for the interior cabin sound, sound at full throttle, etc. I thought the system sounded great and placed an order with them while I was there. I wanted the black tips which they didn't have in stock. They expect to have the exhaust done in 8-10 weeks. We set up an install date for the exhaust. They will do the installation right at their shop. They asked me what I wanted to do with the stock exhaust and I told them to dispose of it. I'll take off the barely used stock black tips though. I can't wait.

Sweet!! Congrats. I'm jealous. I need to just pull the trigger and go. Is your install waiting on the black tips to be fabricated or will they replace the crome tips with black once they are made?

Nova90

Reaction score
Sweet!! Congrats. I'm jealous. I need to just pull the trigger and go. Is your install waiting on the black tips to be fabricated or will they replace the crome tips with black once they are made?
The install is waiting on the build of the exhaust with the black tips. There was none around. They even searched all their local distributors to see if they could "retrieve" an exhaust from them, but no luck. So, unfortunately like everything else today...there is a wait time.

They did have some nice "company" cars in their showroom though...

IMG_0646.jpg IMG_0647.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread