5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AVS LightShield, DeeZee Hex Bed Rails, Bushwacker DRT Fender Flares, and ERG Window Visors

Mike.M1367

Reaction score
Hey all,

Here is My 19' Limited after adding all the above. I thought I'd add to the forums because they've been really helpful to me. Feel free to ask any questions, and I'll do my best to answer them!

(Also, before you comment, I know I need bigger wheels and tires, they are in the works!)

Attachments

• IMG_0811.jpeg
    IMG_0811.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0814.jpeg
    IMG_0814.jpeg
    246.9 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_0816.jpeg
    IMG_0816.jpeg
    256.8 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0817.jpeg
    IMG_0817.jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 308

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all,

Here is My 19' Limited after adding all the above. I thought I'd add to the forums because they've been really helpful to me. Feel free to ask any questions, and I'll do my best to answer them!

(Also, before you comment, I know I need bigger wheels and tires, they are in the works!)
Looks good, how was the install on the AVS?

Mike.M1367

Reaction score

Thanks!
Not bad at all, the "hard" part is finding a fuse to tap into (which is what I did), or find the wiring diagram and tap into the headlight wiring. The rest is just routing the wire and attaching the Hood Protector with 3M.

jermball623

Reaction score
Been debating on the fender flares but painting them. My tires stick out a good ways and get my truck pretty dirty if theres any bit of wetness on the ground (1/2 mile long gravel drive). I'd like to see how it looks once you get some wheels and tires.

Mike.M1367

Reaction score
Been debating on the fender flares but painting them. My tires stick out a good ways and get my truck pretty dirty if theres any bit of wetness on the ground (1/2 mile long gravel drive). I'd like to see how it looks once you get some wheels and tires.

It will probably be a while before I get it done, with this virus and etc going on. I was looking into getting mud flaps as well, but I think the flares will defiantly pick up the slack, as they stick out a decent amount.

Radom25

Reaction score
Thanks!
Not bad at all, the "hard" part is finding a fuse to tap into (which is what I did), or find the wiring diagram and tap into the headlight wiring. The rest is just routing the wire and attaching the Hood Protector with 3M.
Can you advise what fuse or wire you tapped? Looks good!

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Be careful, lightshield is not for sport hood,they say all but Rebel, that is not true. Does not fit sport hood on any model, yet. They tell me January 21 they should have it 3/28.update:still a no go, not impressed with AVS

Last edited:

puba08

Reaction score
Did you put any film behind the flares? I will never install those again. Dirt works it’s way in and kills the paint.
Waiting for the bigger tires too. Truck looks good though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike.M1367

Reaction score
I did not put any film, but the flares have a rubber-y seal that goes between the plastic and the paint. The bigger tires are going to be the Atturo Trail Blade 35x12r22’s. I think they will make the truck look great. And they aren’t bad on the wallet much either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

puba08

Reaction score
I did not put any film, but the flares have a rubber-y seal that goes between the plastic and the paint. The bigger tires are going to be the Atturo Trail Blade 35x12r22’s. I think they will make the truck look great. And they aren’t bad on the wallet much either.

That rubber stops nothing. Dirt still gets in. Once you put them on don’t take them off when you sell it. I learned the hard way

Mike.M1367

Reaction score
I actually really like the AVS Light Shield. I also put 2 ditch lights on that have an amber running light, so I kinda have a lot going on light wise at night, but I think it looks awesome. But some don’t like it - to each their own :)

fd11fa14c23a71815c87ed8b06859b2e.jpg

80c5d6b5b19a8b5021deac63d0fe21fb.jpg

Last edited:

Mike.M1367

Reaction score
That rubber stops nothing. Dirt still gets in. Once you put them on don’t take them off when you sell it. I learned the hard way

I actually took one of them off the other day (for some reason) and everything looked great underneath. Are you worried about getting dirt in between the fender flare and the paint - like in the empty space, or like where the fender actually makes contact with the paint - and dirt rubbing against it there?

Mike.M1367

Reaction score
Can you advise what fuse or wire you tapped? Looks good!

Sorry for getting back so late.... I used fuse 37 or 38 - It’s the brown 5 amp fuse that I added an add-a-circuit too.

bnh105

Reaction score
Hey all,

Looks great! What fuse did you use for your light shield?

Users who are viewing this thread