5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AVS Color Matched Aeroskin Hood Protector 2020 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Limited 4x4

greggsmith21

Reaction score
Got this new AVS Color Matched Aeroskin Hood protector today and installed it and thought I'd share a video and some pics. I wasn't able to find anything on YouTube or other places with this on the new 5th gen models. Great color match and I like the slim fit to it as well.

IMG_0796.jpeg
IMG_0807.jpeg
IMG_0808.jpeg
IMG_0810.jpeg
IMG_0811.jpeg
IMG_0813.jpeg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Love the look but would not be an option I'd entertain as I am not a fan of sticking stuff straight to the hood/paint.

Big White RAM

Reaction score
Looks good, but they are notorious for lifting off at the ends over time. There are many reviews online of such events. I like the look, and was going to get a chrome one, but after researching, decided against it. Keep a close eye on it.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fits sport hood fine.
IMG_1613.jpg
The reviews are why I didn't go with painted to match, that and the price point. I didn't want to spend the money and have it lift off and have to ditch it. Price for the regular one like I have and the fact it matched well on a black truck, and won't get chipped is why I have what I have.
If you prep well, and follow the instruction, this thing should live a good long life on your truck. I've only had mine on for maybe a month, no signs of it lifting. I only hand wash my truck, that may help keep it in place as well, we'll see. It was this, or nothing for me. Everything else looks paw paw.

Users who are viewing this thread