5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Average fuel economy calculation

Volkster

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many miles is used to calculate the average fuel economy? It appears to be a fairly short amount as I can drop the average by .5 mpg in just a few miles if I'm hammering on it a lot. My guess is it averages like the last 50 or 100 miles max. Nothing is mentioned in the manual

Bigtone

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many miles is used to calculate the average fuel economy? It appears to be a fairly short amount as I can drop the average by .5 mpg in just a few miles if I'm hammering on it a lot. My guess is it averages like the last 50 or 100 miles max. Nothing is mentioned in the manual
I believe that it averages from the last time it was reset. Right after you reset, the average changes quickly. With time it takes longer to make any kind of change., because the averaging period is longer. Alot of GM products have a 50 pr 100 mile selectable average.

Volkster

Reaction score
I believe that it averages from the last time it was reset. Right after you reset, the average changes quickly. With time it takes longer to make any kind of change., because the averaging period is longer. Alot of GM products have a 50 pr 100 mile selectable average.
Yeah but I have 3,500 miles on it without ever resetting it so I doubt it's since the last reset solely

DM-SC

Reaction score
I reset Trip A each time I fill up but I've never reset Trip B.

The mpg on the fuel milage screen matches the mpg for Trip B.

The fuel milage screen must be displaying mpg calculated since it was last reset. In my case, since the truck was brand new.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread