5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aux power and Blue Sea

Ccm12

Reaction score
Haven’t installed any auxiliary products needing power yet, but before I do I want to make sure I am laying foundation for future. Seems most of posts have the addition of cameras or lights all using fuse taps. Has anyone gone through the process of putting in a blue sea systems box or something similar.....or is that truly a waste of time and effort? Have no more than YouTube experience in car wiring but would be seen after adding a few items there would be a mess of wires taping into hood fuse box.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No experience with blue sea but what I see most folks doing including myself is installing either wired or wireless switch system which has control box(has pre-wired relay and fuse protection for each circuit) that goes in engine compartment where you connect all of your switched accessories to then it includes either wired or wireless switch panel that goes in to the cab.

Here is the one wired version I went with. It only uses one small wire to run into the cab. I chose the wired version because the wireless was more expensive and the switch panels tend to be more bulky.

7dda0cd6a327f2d5978cfd0e663f4eaa.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Ccm12

Reaction score
No experience with blue sea but what I see most folks doing including myself is installing either wired or wireless switch system which has control box(has pre-wired relay and fuse protection for each circuit) that goes in engine compartment where you connect all of your switched accessories to then it includes either wired or wireless switch panel that goes in to the cab.

Here is the one wired version I went with. It only uses one small wire to run into the cab. I chose the wired version because the wireless was more expensive and the switch panels tend to be more bulky.

7dda0cd6a327f2d5978cfd0e663f4eaa.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread