5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autostop Eliminator

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, you obviously don’t understand the system. Disabling the Stop/Start does not disable the rest of the benefits provided by the eTorque system. Less brake wear, better cooling as explained at 9:10 of the video, much smoother transmission shifts, initial start when first moving, helps keep the engine in MDS longer (which is smooth as silk on our two family eTorques), etc. I’m not certain but believe it may even help with AC as both are arctic cold in 99 degree weather!! Plus, like Ron White, I’m LOADED and spend my money on eTorque, hookers and tequila!

See below video as there are many other benefits of eTorque even when Stop/Start is disabled:

Yes.... obviously lol.
I have Etorque...I know exactly what it does. But the point of auto start stop is to limit idling emissions and gas usage while at a stop. Hence...you paid for it. I agree with the other benefits but trying to insult me doesnt add to any credibility you think you already had.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes.... obviously lol.
I have Etorque...I know exactly what it does. But the point of auto start stop is to limit idling emissions and gas usage while at a stop. Hence...you paid for it. I agree with the other benefits but trying to insult me doesnt add to any credibility you think you already had.
Wasn’t insulting you...simply educating readers who don’t understand what eTorque does. You obviously took it personally but there are many on this and other forums who fail to understand what eTorque does.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wasn’t insulting you...simply educating readers who don’t understand what eTorque does. You obviously took it personally but there are many on this and other forums who fail to understand what eTorque does.
Well you could've just asked and I would've explained it to you. And of course I took it personally....your comment was directed at me. Lol. Either way man...it's all good. But just FYI...the auto start stop has actually saved me a lot of gas during city driving.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well you could've just asked and I would've explained it to you. And of course I took it personally....your comment was directed at me. Lol. Either way man...it's all good. But just FYI...the auto start stop has actually saved me a lot of gas during city driving.
I do apologize if my words were too strong as my intentions were not to offend. I live in a rural area and we have not been driving them in city driving conditions since we purchased these Rams thus the reason the Eliminator is a better option for us. Perhaps if I lived in Houston it would make more sense but then again I don’t know if I’d drive a truck on a daily basis in that madness of traffic.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do apologize if my words were too strong as my intentions were not to offend. I live in a rural area and we have not been driving them in city driving conditions since we purchased these Rams thus the reason the Eliminator is a better option for us. Perhaps if I lived in Houston it would make more sense but then again I don’t know if I’d drive a truck on a daily basis in that madness of traffic.
Ah ok that makes sense. I was going to ask if you ever do city driving with a lot of traffic lights. I know when we get stop and go traffic on the highway here in Vegas that's when I have to turn my Auto S/S off.

Users who are viewing this thread