5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatic Reverse Break; Disable

MandoDane

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Rebel and want to disable the automatic reverse break. It’s over sensitive (engages for parking lot curbs) and seems like an over kill since it’s equipped with the back up camera and proximity sensors. Anyone know how or if it’s possible?
Thanks!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
There is an option in the Uconnect screen to turn that off. I'd have to take a look at mine to tell you for sure which page it's on. I found it on my own, so if I found it anyone can find it. :ROFLMAO:

Reverse

Reaction score
Mine has a tendency to be overly protective when backing into my garage. However, if you just rest your foot on the brake pedal (brake lights on, but truck still rolls back) the nanny warns but doesn't brake the truck until it's literally an inch or two away from an obstacle (the wall in my case). Automatic braking has saved my bacon a few times so I'll live with the downsides.

MandoDane

Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone. I really appreciate it. Yeah that thing scares the crap outta me!

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
Mine typically brakes if I back out of my driveway...I'm in an older neighborhood and the driveway angle to the street causes the sensor to think you are going to make contact. I'm glad I stumbled upon this information. I've been mostly backing into my driveway because of this issue.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I turned that cr@p off after it freaked out for a bush that was 15 ft away

Last edited:

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the reverse breaking disabled in UConnect on my 2019 as it always went off trying to back out of my driveway. My 2021 seems much less sensitive and I haven't had to torn it off so far. Maybe they heard enough complaints and adjusted the sensitivity?

Users who are viewing this thread