5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatic Climate Control

jack2500

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a 2019 Limited 6.7 Crew Cab. While using the Automatic setting for the climate control, when the set temperature is reached, the entire system shuts down. No air movement through the vents. Is this normal? Previous vehicles would continue to blow air through the vents and the a/c compressor would cycle on and off to maintain the desired temp. Am I missing something among all of the buttons and options?

brainman

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a 2019 Limited 6.7 Crew Cab. While using the Automatic setting for the climate control, when the set temperature is reached, the entire system shuts down. No air movement through the vents. Is this normal? Previous vehicles would continue to blow air through the vents and the a/c compressor would cycle on and off to maintain the desired temp. Am I missing something among all of the buttons and options?

I haven't used it in my truck, but that is how it works in my Durango... which is why I haven't even tried it in my truck. I need airflow, even if my fingers are icicles.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How did you get a 6.7 in your truck?
Hahaha...I believe he's talking about the length of the bed, Joe.

Jack, are you sure the air flow has stopped? My Laramie doesn't behave this way, but I've ridden in a Limited a few times, and until the set point is reached there is quite a bit of fan noise. Once it hits the set point the wind speed decreases a lot, but doesn't completely shut off. I'd be surprised if yours really does shut off. I'd be complaining more about how loud the fan is when it's trying to get to the set point temp.

myles

Reaction score
mine starts blowing out of the dash vents/floor vents once it reaches temp.

Users who are viewing this thread