5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto stop/start

RamBamJam

Reaction score
I know this might sound bad but before I take my truck to dealership, I want everything that can go bad to happen before I take it. Now, several weeks ago, my auto stop/start function working.... At first I thought well my A/C might be on a high setting but after driving my truck several weeks, the auto stop/start function has stop working completely. I tried driving for awhile and fulling stopping at lights and intersection without my a/c or any HVAC activated. Granted I don’t truly care for it and 9/10 I shut the damn thing off but now for it not to work concerns me.

I hope this is not an indication of future mechanical or electrical problems to come. Anyone else had had this problem?

I know this might sound bad but before I take my truck to dealership, I want everything that can go bad to happen before I take it. Now, several weeks ago, my auto stop/start function working.... At first I thought well my A/C might be on a high setting but after driving my truck several weeks, the auto stop/start function has stop working completely. I tried driving for awhile and fulling stopping at lights and intersection without my a/c or any HVAC activated. Granted I don’t truly care for it and 9/10 I shut the damn thing off but now for it not to work concerns me.

I hope this is not an indication of future mechanical or electrical problems to come. Anyone else had had this problem?

Hello RamBamJam,
If you decide to bring your concerns to the attention of your servicing dealer in the future, please know our team is still available to provide additional assistance throughout that process.
Laura
RamCares

If you drive around with Tow/Haul mode ON, Stop/Start is disabled.
Haven't tested to see if traction control settings affect Stop/Start.

Steve

I’m not sure of the setup for auto start/stop for Ram, but in a Jeep I heard there’s an auxiliary battery which can go bad. My wife has a ‘19 Jeep Cherokee with auto stop/start which I absolutely loathe. Oh it stops on hers, but I was googling about it and thought I remember reading that across my research of the system.

Not saying that’s the issue, but could be somewhere in that system and not necessarily a terrible electric gremlin. I thank God my Ram doesn’t have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back