5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto step problems

Guzzibob

Reaction score
Has anyone found the fix for the auto steps sticking ? I have a 2020 limited

Guzzibob

Reaction score
I have read about several different trucks with this issue. Was just wondering if anyone found the fix ? As it stands now I am waiting until the steps retract before I start the engine. So far so good. I guess the signals are getting twisted up. I would think they would have a software update???

cra1g

Reaction score
Haven't had any real problems with mine, either. Once in a great while, if I happen to start the truck right when a passenger opens the door, the step won't go down. I figure that's probably by design, though, to give all the juice to the starter.

Reaction score
Whats do you mean ? I have a 2020 limited no problem here with steps

He means that he has deployable bed steps which are sticking, and was wondering if people who have also had the same problem were able to find a solution to it.

Kidder

Reaction score
He means that he has deployable bed steps which are sticking, and was wondering if people who have also had the same problem were able to find a solution to it.
No, he has the factory steps that deploy and retract to enter exit the truck which are like the Amp Research Power steps.

Reaction score
Yes, that's what I meant. I get the two confused. The deployable bed step is, obviously, at the back of the bed. The "power deployable running boards" is what he's talking about.

But my point still stands. He's having an issue with X and is wondering if anyone else who has experienced X has found a solution to X. Not, "well, I didn't experience issues with X, so I don't know what you mean."

1FastHemi

Reaction score
But my point still stands. He's having an issue with X and is wondering if anyone else who has experienced X has found a solution to X. Not, "well, I didn't experience issues with X, so I don't know what you mean."

I got issue with X Resolved... We got divorced and her new husband has problem with X.... LOL :)

Users who are viewing this thread