5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto start/stop service light

JW_RamSport

Reaction score
So this morning I start my 2020 Bighorn Sport (1500 miles) and it seems to idle a bit rough. Not a mile into my commute and "service auto stop/start" and CEL come on. Pulled over and heard a loud hissing noise from under the hood. Seemed to be coming from the etorque unit itself. A little more investigating and lo and behold.... chewed wire loom and vacuum line. Mother@#$king mice ! 20201014_200114.jpg 20201014_215958.jpg
I taped the vacuum line and restarted. CEL still on but stop/start cleared and functioned. Any tips on repelling rodents from your engine bay?

Mtsabo

Reaction score
Id focus on the removal of the pest not a deterrent. How is dependent on where you park and the culprit. Squirrels, mice, chipmonks or the like.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Squirrel, I added a AGM battery to my truck the other day, found nuts & crap under the battery. I have witnessed a squirrel running from under the truck.

JW_RamSport

Reaction score
Id focus on the removal of the pest not a deterrent. How is dependent on where you park and the culprit. Squirrels, mice, chipmonks or the like.
That would be the best thing to do, but not practical. I live in a fairly wooded area and there are field mice, chipmunks, and squirrels everywhere. Its parked in a paved driveway and I've never had an issue with any other car/truck before. Just aggravating.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I bought a bag of this on Amazon, throw some under your truck. Its unbelievably good. I saw roof rats on my neighbors house. I put this around the house and attic. No more rats.
amazon.com/NEOGEN-RODENTICIDE-00615-Ramik-Nuggets/dp/B005BUZL2Q/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=rat+poison&qid=1602764389&sr=8-8

jth877

Reaction score
What has always worked for me in my shed and older vehicles that stayed outside was peppermint oil. Put about 6 cotton balls with a few drops on each in a sandwich baggie and stuff it in the corners. It repels mice, squirrels and chipmunks.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
What has always worked for me in my shed and older vehicles that stayed outside was peppermint oil. Put about 6 cotton balls with a few drops on each in a sandwich baggie and stuff it in the corners. It repels mice, squirrels and chipmunks.
I have a bottle I bought on Amazon, unfortunately it never worked in my attic. The Ramik Nuggets were all gobbled up and the rats gone.

Users who are viewing this thread