5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Start cutting brakes?

haazdaboss

Reaction score
So I had this issue and am wondering if its normal. Whenever I have my AC on in the warmer weather the Autostart feature works at a stoplight for a few seconds (usually around 10) before it kicks the truck back on on its own. The Dealer said this was normal however I noticed afterwards that when this happens my truck jumps forward and goes into crawl mode and requires me to push the brakes again? Should probably just keep it off but this can obviously be dangerous.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've never had mine creap forward after the autostart kicks back on automatically using the AC. I stop and keep my foot on the brake and the engine shuts off and then starts again all while my foot is on the brake. The only time it would creap forward is when I take my foot off the brake which causes it to start up again. At that point, it's in normal drive mode.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed it's normal - that said, there's no 'crawl mode' but the truck will creep when autostart kicks in if the brake pedal isn't depressed firmly. Learned this when I first got the truck that at a light when the motor auto-stopped, I would relax my pressure on the brake pedal a bit since there was less resistance to fight.

Keep firm pressure and it'll act right.

haazdaboss

Reaction score
Maybe i'm just light on my brake pedal, I almost always ease into all my brakes, I will check my foot moving forward see if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread