5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Power Fold Mirrors in Park - Fog Lights on with High Beams- Windows up with remote lock

Twlvoltz

Reaction score
So I own a Car Audio store and was talking to one of my vendors that does interfaces the other day. I asked the guy if it was possible to do any of the above. He told me absolutely , so he is sending me a CAN LOGGER to get the data then they will rewrite code and see if we can get it to work.

I told him I wanted I wanted the mirrors to fold in when switched to park, but not to unfold when started or shifted out of park. I park in some tight spots at work and the passenger mirror would hit a concrete wall. He said I might have to hit the switch 2x to get them to unfold but that would be the worst side effect. Also the fog lights could stay on even in high beam mode. I was able to use FORSCAN on my wife's fusion to do this and the window function. He said it would be a plug into the obd plug like the auto stop start kills that are available . (https://www.4dtech.com/auto-start-stop-eliminator-edge-fusion/)

If this comes to fruition, I will post back and post a link if you anyone wants to get one. I have no idea on time or price at this point.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing what he says. I definitely would be in for the auto fold, the foglights I generally forget that I even have those lol..

V8Spock

Reaction score
Not sure if you've seen the other thread on the Tazer DT. The auto mirror fold feature is one of my favorites. Also like the stop/start memory and surround camera with turn signal features as well (needs an update to select the rear camera though). Window up/down with key fob works well.

I'm new to the product but enjoying it a lot.

Last edited:

Jagtyson

Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing what he says. I definitely would be in for the auto fold, the foglights I generally forget that I even have those lol..
There are a bunch of us having installed the edge pulsar tuner but are interested in also installing the Ta
Not sure if you've seen the other thread on the Tazer DT. The auto mirror fold feature is one of my favorites. Also like the stop/start memory and surround camera with turn signal features as well (needs an update to select the rear camera though). Window up/down with key fob works well.

I'm new to the product but enjoying it a lot.

there are a number of us ram owners that installed the edge pulsar performance tuner that would love to have the functions of the tazer dt as well. Only issue is those who have attempted to install both have conflicts and they dont work together.

This might be a way to get some of the tazer functions while using the pulsar. I would be interested if tazer codes are unable to resolve conflicts with pulsar.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are a bunch of us having installed the edge pulsar tuner but are interested in also installing the Ta
there are a number of us ram owners that installed the edge pulsar performance tuner that would love to have the functions of the tazer dt as well. Only issue is those who have attempted to install both have conflicts and they dont work together.

This might be a way to get some of the tazer functions while using the pulsar. I would be interested if tazer codes are unable to resolve conflicts with pulsar.
I'm running both. You have to set your options with the Pulser uninstalled since they both use the Cruise keys and Audio screen to display messages/menus.

Once set, the Tazer DT vehicle Settings work fine, as does the Pulsar. The fact that both units write messages to the Audio screen interferes with the Tazer DT menu in Live Function mode. The Tazer works fine and, if you know the button sequences, Live Functions work also. The Pulsar overwrites the Tazer DT menu so you can't see what's going on.

I've reached out to Z-Automotive and they are working on a fix. Hopefully I'll get to test a fix soon.

Jagtyson

Reaction score
I'm running both. You have to set your options with the Pulser uninstalled since they both use the Cruise keys and Audio screen to display messages/menus.

Once set, the Tazer DT vehicle Settings work fine, as does the Pulsar. The fact that both units write messages to the Audio screen interferes with the Tazer DT menu in Live Function mode. The Tazer works fine and, if you know the button sequences, Live Functions work also. The Pulsar overwrites the Tazer DT menu so you can't see what's going on.

I've reached out to Z-Automotive and they are working on a fix. Hopefully I'll get to test a fix soon.
ExcursionD, I was waiting to see your experience on the Tazer DT thread running both pulsar and tazer. Last I saw until this post was that they were unable to run together, but now you are saying install and program the tazer settings you want (without the pulsar installed on the truck) then install and use the pulsar as I had before. All the tazer programmed functions work but until you get the update to test out you can't change the tazer settings without removing the pulsar. So you say I should purchase the tazer if I was waiting on you to test before I purchased?

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ExcursionD, I was waiting to see your experience on the Tazer DT thread running both pulsar and tazer. Last I saw until this post was that they were unable to run together, but now you are saying install and program the tazer settings you want (without the pulsar installed on the truck) then install and use the pulsar as I had before. All the tazer programmed functions work but until you get the update to test out you can't change the tazer settings without removing the pulsar. So you say I should purchase the tazer if I was waiting on you to test before I purchased?
If you aren't the type to be irritated by things not working perfectly, get the Tazer DT. The "Vehicle Settings" which work with the Tazer DT installed or removed, all work 100%...just have to remove the Pulsar so you can see the menus to configure it. There are no menus for "Vehicle Settings" while the truck is in use.

The "Live Functions" are available during operation and everything works EXCEPT the menu won't display consistently. You can't see what you're doing. Remote FOB and Steering Wheel buttons that trigger Tazer Functions all work fine as well.

I have a hunch that delaying the writing of the menu to the Audio display by 200ms will let the Pulsar write first then the Tazer last which should leave the Tazer message on the display. We'll see shortly, I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/