5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Park Problem

airclnr

Reaction score
This weekend my 2020 1500 Limited sat outside in the rain and the next morning and the next morning the problems started. The truck thiught the drivers door was opened and kept going into park. The step tubes kept going in and out. Got her towed in and now it is fine. Anybody else have any issues like this?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's possible water for down in the passenger door and caused some issue with the door module. Once it dried out, it was fine.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's possible water for down in the passenger door and caused some issue with the door module. Once it dried out, it was fine.
Your post seems to be aimed at minimizing his concern. If this truly was caused by water he'll want to fix that condition as soon as possible. Vehicles, especially modern vehicles, are designed to withstand normal adverse weather conditions, and should not be affected by them.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Your post seems to be aimed at minimizing his concern. If this truly was caused by water he'll want to fix that condition as soon as possible. Vehicles, especially modern vehicles, are designed to withstand normal adverse weather conditions, and should not be affected by them.
My post was aimed at suggesting a place to start looking. Not sure how I minimized his concern. I never said not to fix it. I was giving him advice on where to look to fix it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My post was aimed at suggesting a place to start looking. Not sure how I minimized his concern. I never said not to fix it. I was giving him advice on where to look to fix it.
Sorry, that's how I took it. Apologies to you.

Last edited:

BowDown

Reaction score

That's the way I took it, did the OP leave the door partially open?

airclnr

Reaction score
The doors, windows and everything else was closed. It was parked overnight during the rain storm.

Users who are viewing this thread