5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto "outdoor temperature" sensors?

Adjutant

Reaction score
So, it was pretty chilly the other morning (36) (Texas). I autostarted my truck about 10 minutes before getting my sons to school.
We climbed in and the heat was on, heated seats were on, AND heated steering wheel was on. Trust me, I was blown away and excited. Ive never had heated seats or steering wheel.

The thing is, I didnt have them on the day prior. Ive NEVER turned them on. However, they were working like a charm.

Do the Ram 1500s with those features kick on below a certain temperature?

Im coming from 10 years of Lone Stars prior to my Laramie

disarm

Reaction score
All the heating options come on automatically at maximum if you start the truck when the outdoor temperature is below 40 degrees.

Adjutant

Reaction score
All the heating options come on automatically at maximum if you start the truck when the outdoor temperature is below 40 degrees.
Thanks for the quick reply. Ive only had the truck for 3 weeks. I knew it had those options, but wasn unaware they came on automatically. It was a pleasant surprise. Like I said, never had heated seats/wheel.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Ive only had the truck for 3 weeks. I knew it had those options, but wasn unaware they came on automatically. It was a pleasant surprise. Like I said, never had heated seats/wheel.
There is an option in the setting menu to have them come on automatically with either remote start, or any start, Ionce it gets below like 40 degrees. You can turn that off as well. I know people who don't like heated seats.

23RAM

Reaction score
Remote start, heated seats, and heated steering wheel are welcome features in cold climates - nothing better than jumping in to find the cabin warmed, and the seat and wheel toasty warm. On hot days (78f or higher) the A/C and ventilated seat will kick on to cool things down.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll never go without heated seats or heated steering wheel again...creature comfort must haves in snow country.

Users who are viewing this thread