5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto lights aren’t so auto

Cvisser

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I bought a used 2023 rebel gt in the states but the truck was manufactured in Canada.
When I turn the light switch to AUTO, they won’t turn off and I can’t get out of the truck without the sensors beeping at me to turn the lights off. For how much I paid for the truck, I’d like it if the AUTO feature worked correctly so I didn’t have to do it manually every time.

Anyone have idea on a fix?

Do you keep anything on your dashboard? Hats, rags, sunglasses, anything that could block the sensor may not allow it to work correctly. Also check that the sensor is clean of dust.

As a second option maybe check out your settings in the EVIC/Radio screens. Maybe the previous owner turned the DRL (Daytime Running Lights) option turned ON. That will keep your main beam lights illuminated even when they are not needed.

Do you keep anything on your dashboard? Hats, rags, sunglasses, anything that could block the sensor may not allow it to work correctly. Also check that the sensor is clean of dust.

As a second option maybe check out your settings in the EVIC/Radio screens. Maybe the previous owner turned the DRL (Daytime Running Lights) option turned ON. That will keep your main beam lights illuminated even when they are not needed.
I don’t keep anything on the dash so I’m guessing it’s a software thing. Because the truck is from Canada, I don’t get the option in the settings to turn off the DLRs unfortunately

Hey everyone,

I bought a used 2023 rebel gt in the states but the truck was manufactured in Canada.
When I turn the light switch to AUTO, they won’t turn off and I can’t get out of the truck without the sensors beeping at me to turn the lights off. For how much I paid for the truck, I’d like it if the AUTO feature worked correctly so I didn’t have to do it manually every time.

Anyone have idea on a fix?
do you have a 1500 DT?
because they are built in the US for Canada.

do you have a 1500 DT?
because they are built in the US for Canada.
Yes they are, but it is law in Canada to have day time running lights. Only way to turn them off for us over here in Canada we need to buy Something that plugs into the ODB port and it gives you access that way. I'm sure someone on here will know the little handheld device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back