5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto leveling suspension repair question

Hotd

Reaction score
I know this is a Ram forum but hopefully these systems cross over. I have a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L with quadralift. I'm paranoid about this system because we depend on it for my wheelchair bound wife to be able to enter and exit the vehicle safely. I have installed an aftermarket set of rod links between the sensor and the body that lower the vehicle an additional 1.5" or more. When bringing it to the dealership for other non suspension related things (electric seat issue, oil change) I throw on the original links and we take it in. The problem is the factory parts are made of a durable plastic where the plastic link snaps over a ball mounted on the frame and a plastic ball mounted to the sensor arm. I'm worried about snapping off the plastic ball on the sensor arm because of how snug the OEM link fits and sometimes is a pita to get off. I have ordered new sensors just to keep on hand but I'm wondering if the part would be recognized by the onboard computer as it seems every part is coded on these things now. Would the sensor require a dealership visit if I changed with an identical part or would it be plug and play since its a simple rotary sensor? Hoping someone has experience here. I read every page of the ACC addition to models with front collision warning and how the parts didn't function and thats what got me to wondering.

clazer

Reaction score
Just make sure the sensor arm is supported when you’re snapping on and off and you’ll be fine. I’ve popped mine off and on a few dozen times. For calibration, possibly needed. However, you can just get an adjustable length arm like Revel makes and adjust yourself. Or make your own with all thread and 8mm ball sockets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/