5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto High Beam Upgrade

Swetch85

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn that already has auto-dimming rearview and side mirrors from the factory. I am wanting to upgrade the mirror to add the auto high beam feature. Will it be as simple as swapping the mirror and plug and play or does the harness need to be changed or modified for the auto high beam? I know I will have to flash the feature with AlfaODB but from a hardware standpoint where will I stand there? I haven't modified or upgraded anything on this truck since I bought it, but I do know that a lot of manufacturers save a lot of time and labor by having singular harnesses and building off of them for different trim levels to keep labor and manufacturing costs low. Plugs for sensors will be there just not used if the trim doesn't call for it. Appreciate any help I can get.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You will need the mirror with the camera. The harness should be the same.

Daniel035

Reaction score
I have the same truck, 2021 RAM 1500 Big Horn. What is the part number for the mirror with camera?

Users who are viewing this thread