5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto headlights with wipers?

RBRK

Reaction score
Another software glitch possibly, you can select the headlights to come on when the wipers are on. Mine are set to on, but the headlamps don’t come on when the wipers are on. I tried turning the headlights to off and auto, neither worked.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Another software glitch possibly, you can select the headlights to come on when the wipers are on. Mine are set to on, but the headlamps don’t come on when the wipers are on. I tried turning the headlights to off and auto, neither worked.
They work for me (after a delay, as indicated in the manual).

RBRK

Reaction score
I just checked again after your responses. I found that it works after a ten second delay with the headlamps on auto and wipers on high or low. They don’t appear to come on with the wipers on rain sensing, although it stopped raining here so they aren’t on much now.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have 'rain sensing' turned on and the lights set to auto... after some passes (I didn't sit there and count) the headlights do come on... I just drove 8+ hrs through intermittent light showers.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just checked again after your responses. I found that it works after a ten second delay with the headlamps on auto and wipers on high or low. They don’t appear to come on with the wipers on rain sensing, although it stopped raining here so they aren’t on much now.

Mine work fine with rain sensing...as everyone stated there is a delay so they don't come on immediately.

RBRK

Reaction score
After some more use I figured out I was wrong. The lights do come on with it on rain sensing, it just takes a few swipes to turn in, so if they only sense a few drops and don’t turn in often the lights don’t turn on, once the rain continues, the lights turn on fine. MY mistake.

Wxgs333

Reaction score
I ended up with this feature off. My infortainment screen brightness isn't set as the highest, and I found if the headlight is on the nav screen automatically switches to night mode which is not quite readable during the day...

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ended up with this feature off. My infortainment screen brightness isn't set as the highest, and I found if the headlight is on the nav screen automatically switches to night mode which is not quite readable during the day...
In Florida, headlights on in the rain is law. So, even if you don't have auto-lights with wipers you'd need to turn them on manually.

Wxgs333

Reaction score
In Florida, headlights on in the rain is law. So, even if you don't have auto-lights with wipers you'd need to turn them on manually.

Oh good call! Didn't realize that different states have different laws... If it is dark enough, the auto headlight will turn on anyway, but for a sunny rain, which happens a lot in my area, I have to set the cluster dimmer to high --- passing the "click"--- in order to read the screen easily.

eduardolalo11

Reaction score
Oh good call! Didn't realize that different states have different laws... If it is dark enough, the auto headlight will turn on anyway, but for a sunny rain, which happens a lot in my area, I have to set the cluster dimmer to high --- passing the "click"--- in order to read the screen easily.
I have the same issue when I turn on the wipers it dims my screen and the middle cluster way to much I wonder if there is was to auto adjust

Rich

Reaction score
Same problem with the dashboard and uconnnect brightness. During daytime, if it's raining and you have your headlamps on, the dash and screen are too dim! Yes you can override it with the manual dial, but we shouldn't have to do that!

I thought there was a light sensor on the top of the dashboard (the small dark bubble there), but maybe it's not used? This is a blunder, we shouldn't have to manually adjust the dash brightness so much. Other brands get this right, can't we get RAM to do it too?

Users who are viewing this thread