5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto fold sideview mirrors?

Killroy

Reaction score
Any chance of installing software to auto-fold the Sideview mirrors when park is selected?
2021 Laramie Sport, 12" Uconnect.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No. But you can install a device that will do it. Or use the TazerDT's live feature.

brenan00

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of effort vs pushing the mirror fold button.
Where is the button, there is a bunch of stuff I am still figuring out. I did not get the autofold option but the mirror will autofold on park and point the light down at night, with the tazer. If there was another way to make them fold, get rid of the tazer and not need the purchase huge towing mirrors. Thanks

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Where is the button, there is a bunch of stuff I am still figuring out. I did not get the autofold option but the mirror will autofold on park and point the light down at night, with the tazer. If there was another way to make them fold, get rid of the tazer and not need the purchase huge towing mirrors. Thanks
Right between the L & R buttons.
20211007_224515.jpg

brenan00

Reaction score
Right between the L & R buttons.
View attachment 107498
No Sh@t. Mahalo nui loa. There may be a tazer, on the buy and sell forum soon.
I am still trying to figure out why when I open the gate at night and the bed lights don't go out unless I depress the bed light button on the light switch that is auto. A lot to learn, thanks again. Later

Last edited:

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of effort vs pushing the mirror fold button.
Jimmy told me the same. He was like, Umm you can just push the button man. LOL I was trying to do it with AlfaOBD which will NOT do it..

Taser can do it or a company called Navik's has a box you connect that will do it.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
No Sh@t. Mahalo nui loa. There may be a tazer, on the buy and sell forum soon.
I am still trying to figure out why when I open the gate at night and the bed lights don't go out unless I depress the bed light button on the light switch that is auto. A lot to learn, thanks again. Later
The bed lights are on a timer. I think the shut off time is adjustable but I believe the default setting is 30 seconds.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a tazer to do mine automatically - but I turn this off in the winter. The way these are designed, they hold snow/ice and with these being run on plastic gears, I don’t want to take the chance

The annoying thing with this is the remote start flips them open……
So when you park, they fold in, makes it easier to get out and way from the vehicle in my driveway. But in cooler mornings, I get an obstacle if Iremote start it.

Howie Dub

Reaction score
I still can't get my Tazer to auto fold my mirrors in. Does anyone have a 2021 that has gotten it to work? Thanks.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never thought about the cold weather affecting them. Thanks for the heads up.

5a307e94fef04e380b6f27fa2b8962c5.jpg

That lip. Snow/ice builds up, and the unfolding action doesn’t always agree with it.

If you remote start, they auto unfold, and that’s before you’ve had a chance to clear those spots.

brenan00

Reaction score
I still can't get my Tazer to auto fold my mirrors in. Does anyone have a 2021 that has gotten it to work? Thanks.
Howzit Howie, I did. Did you ever update the software? When we bought they came loaded with a lower rev, and there was beta sw now there is a new rev that’s easier to upload. Laters, Charles

Howie Dub

Reaction score
Howzit Howie, I did. Did you ever update the software? When we bought they came loaded with a lower rev, and there was beta sw now there is a new rev that’s easier to upload. Laters, Charles
Wassup Charles. Figured it out. Apparently I didn’t real the manual well enough and didn’t go into the live menu with the engine on to turn on the option lol. Updated to 18.0.9 and all is good. Now trying to figure out whether I want amber DRLs or regular white. *first world problems* lol

Users who are viewing this thread