5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Door Locks

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's all good! Can't wait for you and everyone else to take delivery. In the almost month I've had mine, I've only seen two other 2019s driving around - one time each.

Ickabod

Reaction score
It's all good! Can't wait for you and everyone else to take delivery. In the almost month I've had mine, I've only seen two other 2019s driving around - one time each.
I have had mine since 4/28 and have only seen 1 around town. I have seen a lot of new 2018's. I think the discounts they are giving for the 2018's now is what is driving the sales.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Me too I have only seen 1 out in the wild, lots on dealers lots though.

FLG8R

Reaction score
Just an FYI...You can disable the auto lock through the UConnect. I have tested this and it does actually control the auto lock feature....
View attachment 1165
I just can't seem to grasp why page 42 has that wording. Before I humble myself and kick my own butt I need to ask you a couple of things. Are you in Canada or the States? Please show me a picture with Auto Door Locks unchecked. @firecadet613 as I'm sure you're monitoring this it seems you would have been checking this on your vehicle before the shootout started. Did you?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just can't seem to grasp why page 42 has that wording. Before I humble myself and kick my own butt I need to ask you a couple of things. Are you in Canada or the States? Please show me a picture with Auto Door Locks unchecked. @firecadet613 as I'm sure you're monitoring this it seems you would have been checking this on your vehicle before the shootout started. Did you?

I've got mine set to auto lock.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you able to uncheck that block that says Auto Door Locks?

KQMOG3H.jpg

FLG8R

Reaction score
For those of you driving 2019 Rams who don't like the idea of having no control over the AutoDoorLock feature, it can be defeated. Your Service Department is required to disable this feature upon your request. This way you decide if the doors need to be locked while driving. If they refuse, refer them to page 42 of the Owners Manual. I've always had this thing about going over a bridge and plunging through the guard rail. Somehow I can't imagine myself having the presence of mind to hit the unlock button as plumetting towards the water. Then again, if there is no water, it won't make a difference if the doors are locked or not!
To all members of this forum, save for the one that took the cowards way out with a cheap shot, I sincerely apologize for creating this thread. I have been walloped good and sound. This is a good example of why you can't always respond to someone with RTFM! Again, my apologies.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To all members of this forum, save for the one that took the cowards way out with a cheap shot, I sincerely apologize for creating this thread. I have been walloped good and sound. This is a good example of why you can't always respond to someone with RTFM! Again, my apologies.
Lol I think I am the coward you were referring to. brother man....10 month old took a dump on the couch this afternoon....THATS the cowards why out.

Us active members here that treat each other with respect, its family. All love my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread