5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Door Locks

FLG8R

Reaction score
For those of you driving 2019 Rams who don't like the idea of having no control over the AutoDoorLock feature, it can be defeated. Your Service Department is required to disable this feature upon your request. This way you decide if the doors need to be locked while driving. If they refuse, refer them to page 42 of the Owners Manual. I've always had this thing about going over a bridge and plunging through the guard rail. Somehow I can't imagine myself having the presence of mind to hit the unlock button as plumetting towards the water. Then again, if there is no water, it won't make a difference if the doors are locked or not!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you driving 2019 Rams who don't like the idea of having no control over the AutoDoorLock feature, it can be defeated. Your Service Department is required to disable this feature upon your request. This way you decide if the doors need to be locked while driving. If they refuse, refer them to page 42 of the Owners Manual. I've always had this thing about going over a bridge and plunging through the guard rail. Somehow I can't imagine myself having the presence of mind to hit the unlock button as plumetting towards the water. Then again, if there is no water, it won't make a difference if the doors are locked or not!
Many vehicles today will auto-unlock in the event a crash is detected as a safety feature. I don't know if this is true of the Ram, but I would guess so.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score

On my jeep you can disable the autolock through UConnect system. You sure this isn't a setting in your UConnect?

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pull on either front door interior handle and the door will unlock and open.

As with a lot of things in life, things will open up if touched correctly :oops:

lol seriously tho, I'm pretty sure this can be disabled in Uconnect. It has never bothered me because like firecadet said, pull on the handle and it unlocks

FLG8R

Reaction score
On my jeep you can disable the autolock through UConnect system. You sure this isn't a setting in your UConnect?
It cannot be defeated thru U Connect thus the wording on page 42 of the Owners Manual.

FLG8R

Reaction score
As with a lot of things in life, things will open up if touched correctly :oops:

lol seriously tho, I'm pretty sure this can be disabled in Uconnect. It has never bothered me because like firecadet said, pull on the handle and it unlocks
You own a 2019, how hard would it be for you to verify and then explain the necessity of page 42 in the Owners Manual. Then be fair enough to come back and post your findings, honestly.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You own a 2019, how hard would it be for you to verify and then explain the necessity of page 42 in the Owners Manual. Then be fair enough to come back and post your findings, honestly.

it's a 106 degrees out...so, kinda difficult?...if I go take a video of trying...you owe me a beer

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
kidding! I'll go do it

FLG8R

Reaction score
Pull on either front door interior handle and the door will unlock and open.
Try pulling on your interior door handle while the vehicle is in Drive and you're driving at speed. It WILL NOT open! Verify this and then please comeback and repost. Although I don't have a 2019 yet I did have a 2016 Charger Scat Pack and verified that neither U Connect nor pulling on an interior door handle while in gear at speed would work.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Try pulling on your interior door handle while the vehicle is in Drive and you're driving at speed. It WILL NOT open! Verify this and then please comeback and repost. Although I don't have a 2019 yet I did have a 2016 Charger Scat Pack and verified that neither U Connect nor pulling on an interior door handle while in gear at speed would work.

ok, but in FCA's defense, unless you have a Pursuit Vehicle, why are they supposed to make Auto Unlock programming for the average citizen?

FLG8R

Reaction score
ok, but in FCA's defense, unless you have a Pursuit Vehicle, why are they supposed to make Auto Unlock programming for the average citizen?
What has Auto Lock programming got to do with Auto Unlock? I thought you were outside checking on the Auto Lock Programming. Auto Unlock is simply for when you come to your destination and put it in Park.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What has Auto Lock programming got to do with Auto Unlock? I thought you were outside checking on the Auto Lock Programming. Auto Unlock is simply for when you come to your destination and put it in Park.

.....I feel like they have so...so much to do with each other. I'll get to trying out this feature when I feel like it because you're so. so likable.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yes, it will. Just tried it.

FLG8R

Reaction score
.....I feel like they have so...so much to do with each other. I'll get to trying out this feature when I feel like it because you're so. so likable.
Shame on you! Its thats difficult for you to fess up that in lieu of it you take a cheap shot!

FLG8R

Reaction score
Yes, it will. Just tried it.
Did you get up to the speed that locks the doors and continue at this speed or above when you pulled on the interior door handle. If it opened then I apologize, on my 2016 it could not open the door.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you get up to the speed that locks the doors and continue at this speed or above when you pulled on the interior door handle. If it opened then I apologize, on my 2016 it could not open the door.

Pulled on the handle and you can see the lock start moving up. It's a mechanical linkage, not sure how it wouldn't open up.

FLG8R

Reaction score
Pulled on the handle and you can see the lock start moving up. It's a mechanical linkage, not sure how it wouldn't open up.
Answer the question please until then I will have to withdraw my apology. lol

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Answer the question please until then I will have to withdraw my apology. lol

Opened right up - without issue. I've got a loud passenger door lock, seems like it's sticking but hasn't really acted up aside from being loud. Can't figure out how to get the door panel off easily or I'd of had it off by now and seen that it's a mechanical linkage :D

FLG8R

Reaction score
Opened right up - without issue. I've got a loud passenger door lock, seems like it's sticking but hasn't really acted up aside from being loud. Can't figure out how to get the door panel off easily or I'd of had it off by now and seen that it's a mechanical linkage :D
Thank you, apology reinstated!

Users who are viewing this thread