5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto dim high beams

Rebel 4x4

Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out how do i find out if i have the auto dim high beams it seems like a really cool feature i have a rebel 4x4 1500 2019 the feature where the high beams stay on until it sees oncoming car lights then turns off or down either or not sure if i have that feature any input thanks

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
look at your headlight switch, does it have the word Auto printed on the far right?

if not then no your Rebel does not have the feature....

if it does, when in that position, you set the high beams on by pushing the stalk forward. looking at the center display between the tach and speedo, you will see the message Auto High Beams Enabled.

when the stalk is moved out of the high beam mode, the center display between the tach and speedo message will read Auto High Beams Disabled.

this functionality only works at night

Rebel 4x4

Reaction score
look at your headlight switch, does it have the word Auto printed on the far right?

if it does, when in that position, you set the high beams on by pushing the stalk forward. looking at the center display between the tach and speedo, you will see the message Auto High Beams Enabled.

when the stalk is moved out of the high beam mode, the center display between the tach and speedo message will read Auto High Beams Disabled.

Hey bro I appreciate the quick response thanks yes I do have the auto thank you

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't use my highbeams but I think the auto dim feature needs to be turned on in the center stack menu. Once it's enabled it will function as goatmann stated.

XDBrad

Reaction score
Confirmed, it has to be enabled through the screen display. Took me a month to figure out why mine wouldn’t work.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out how do i find out if i have the auto dim high beams it seems like a really cool feature i have a rebel 4x4 1500 2019 the feature where the high beams stay on until it sees oncoming car lights then turns off or down either or not sure if i have that feature any input thanks

According to the brochure (and take it for what its worth), the auto high beams weren't an option on the Rebel...i'm not sure about the Rebel 12.

OP...please put the details of your truck in your signature.

1545407657591.png

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to say you probably dont have the option.

Put your info this link (put your vin after the = sign)

https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=

Mine has this listed:

Auto High Beam Headlamp Control

I looked with your vin number and I dont see it. Mine is listed right under automatic headlamps (mine happeds to be on page 3)

rizman22

Reaction score
Is there a way to get auto high beams to work? I have a 2021 Ram Rebel level 2, I have the Dasm and rain sensing wipers but do not have auto high beams which I find is strange.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Turn your headlight selector to “auto”

Then flip your signal stalk to high beam mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Is there a way to get auto high beams to work? I have a 2021 Ram Rebel level 2, I have the Dasm and rain sensing wipers but do not have auto high beams which I find is strange.
Same here, I used alfaobd to enable them. No hardware needed. Very strange indeed that Ram didn’t give this option when we already had the needed equipment.

rizman22

Reaction score
Same here, I used alfaobd to enable them. No hardware needed. Very strange indeed that Ram didn’t give this option when we already had the needed equipment.
Awesome I’m gonna try this what were the options you enabled through alpha obd?

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I did more than one at once. If you have any issues though you won’t know what changes caused the issue. Be sure to make a backup record before you change anything so you can refer back if need be.

rizman22

Reaction score
I did more than one at once. If you have any issues though you won’t know what changes caused the issue. Be sure to make a backup record before you change anything so you can refer back if need be.
Ok thanks for your help

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Awesome thanks I heard you can only enable one feature at a time is that still true?

You can enable as many features as you want in AlfaOBD. Just only make one parameter change at a time, then finish and restart the procedure cycle. You can also disable the fog light dropout feature (under CBC Features) so that the fog lights stay on with the brights.

rizman22

Reaction score
You can enable as many features as you want in AlfaOBD. Just only make one parameter change at a time, then finish and restart the procedure cycle. You can also disable the fog light dropout feature (under CBC Features) so that the fog lights stay on with the brights.
Awesome thanks just got the auto high beams to work. I want to add the Acc and lane sense. I already installed the button for the steering wheel, I tried a a long it a few days ago and had to go to the dealer because it said in need of service and I lost basically the cruise function and auto stop safety feature. I’m sure that more involved I believe I need an new abs and hcu which I would have to get installed since I’m not comfortable doing that.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
I used the auto high beams a tonne on my road trip home with my new Limited and they were great. So much better and more accurate than the auto high beams on my gf's Tesla.

Users who are viewing this thread