5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto climate

Cdcrawford25

Reaction score
When using Auto Climate I get no indicator light that my A/C is running, but I suspect it is. Even on days at 50 degrees outside it seems to be blowing cold air when on auto when the temp is set at 70. In past vehicles that have auto the a/c indicator light seems to be on if it is using a/c to reach temperature. Do we think this is something fCA should fix or is it expected when using auto that the a/c is always on? Also I notice the fan wants to blow immediately on cold days before the truck has heated up at all instead of having a ramp up period for there to actually be some warm air.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know that in some cases the A/C light has come on when using Auto climate... I'm not sure if it's a humidity issue or something else the auto climate is compensating for, but during the hotter months I don't notice the A/C light when on auto.

mkel2010

Reaction score
When using Auto Climate I get no indicator light that my A/C is running, but I suspect it is. Even on days at 50 degrees outside it seems to be blowing cold air when on auto when the temp is set at 70. In past vehicles that have auto the a/c indicator light seems to be on if it is using a/c to reach temperature. Do we think this is something fCA should fix or is it expected when using auto that the a/c is always on? Also I notice the fan wants to blow immediately on cold days before the truck has heated up at all instead of having a ramp up period for there to actually be some warm air.

I've noticed that my Limited seems to blow cold air most of the time, even with the temp set to 76 and the engine completely warmed up. I don't see an A/C light in Auto and have had to turn off climate control on several occasions because of the cold air. I will eventually have the dealer take a look at it.

Related thread on this issue:

Briencrotty

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing. Often it's blowing cold air even when it's set to a pretty warm temp. Then sometimes it's blowing hot air when it should be. I've tried playing with lots of settings, but haven't found any that get it right.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Usually no indicator lights will turn on when on auto. It won’t show A/C on/off or Recirc On/Off even when they are. My F150 was the same way too.

Creep0321

Reaction score
Mine shows the recirculation indicator when in auto.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine shows the recirculation indicator when in auto.

Did you manually put it on recirc one day and save your seat settings? That will do it.

If I’m in Auto I can turn recirc on and off manually and it will still stay in Auto. Usually auto will put it in recirc quite a bit. I know this because the recirc setting is louder than when it is off and when I’m on the highway I can tell when it is on and will manually turn it off.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is test procedure to see if AC is cold enough, etc. Print this out....may need to show dealer if they won't take care of issues.

Attachments

• Diagnosis and Testing - AC Performance.pdf
    16.2 KB · Views: 40

DM-SC

Reaction score
Mine doesn't light up the A/C indicator in Auto.

I keep mine in recirculate mode all the time. I have noticed that there are times when recirculate will not activate when I'm in Auto.

I think this is when there's high humidity and/or defrosting is occurring. I press recirculate and the light will blink a few times and then turn off.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
****** member KcRay just posted in another AC thread that after installing a shutoff valve by water pump stopping coolant flow to heater core that AC vent temps were in 36-38 degree range, proving that Ram has blend door issue. You would think they (engineers on payroll) would have figured this out without customer doing their troubleshooting . If I was an engineer involved with heating/cooling, I would be embarrassed. Kudos to the other engineers! This truck has been on market for almost 17 months. Hey Ramcare, are you reading this? Kudos to KcRay and his big rig background about heater cores. You are our hero! (y) I wish FCA cared more about making customer happy. They could easily knock out Chevy/GMC sales if they showed they were willing to resolve these basic issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread