5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Climate Control Heat Airflow

DesignFlaw06

Reaction score
This is absolutely a first world problem. Had my first long drive over the weekend with my new toy. The weather was absolute garbage, but the truck did fine. The one issue I had was the amount of heat coming out near the pedals. My right foot was on fire and it just didn't feel like any of the heat was making it up higher than that. Maybe the rest of me felt cold due to the excessive heat on my foot. Just curious if anyone else experiences this or if there's something I'm missing.

Still figuring out the controls, but it was a whiteout drive across the state so my attention was on the road.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is absolutely a first world problem. Had my first long drive over the weekend with my new toy. The weather was absolute garbage, but the truck did fine. The one issue I had was the amount of heat coming out near the pedals. My right foot was on fire and it just didn't feel like any of the heat was making it up higher than that. Maybe the rest of me felt cold due to the excessive heat on my foot. Just curious if anyone else experiences this or if there's something I'm missing.

Still figuring out the controls, but it was a whiteout drive across the state so my attention was on the road.
68 to 72 degrees set to auto and it works perfect year-round. You didn't mention any of the settings you had used.

bstewart77

Reaction score
I've experienced the same thing in my 2020 Laramie. On cold days, with climate set to Auto at 68-72 after about 30 mins the footwell continues to get hotter and the cabin gets cold from the cold air coming from the defrost vents in the dash. Seems like they should have blended the air with warm air for footwell and mid vents. Was wondering if anyone found a fix.

Users who are viewing this thread