5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

August Sales Number - WOW

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice, I know I got the last sale for the month for August at my dealer when I picked up my truck Friday night.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Yeah, great sales numbers! I mentioned it in the other thread on the sales numbers that it's even more impressive when you dig deeper into the numbers.

Counting chassis cab models, Ford has 10 models in the F-Series, and Ram has 7 models (normally only 6 models, but the 2019 Classic is a temporary addition to the model lineup).

That gives Ford an average 8,184 sales per model and gives Ram an average 7,130 sales per model. Obviously the sales don't spread out that evenly across the models, but either way it gives a much closer spread in sales between Ram and Ford than the raw numbers would indicate.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s great to hear. I’ve been seeing much more truckloads of the 2019 headed to the train depot where I live. Glad to see this truck taking off, hopefully the new heavy duty’s will be a hit.

OgRedd

Reaction score
Just read this article on the site: https://5thgenrams.com/ram-trucks-has-best-u-s-august-sales-on-record/

Wow, amazing August YOY increase of 33% wohoo!! I guess we aren't the only ones that want to buy RAM this year, I wonder how much of those sales were Ford converts?? I can't wait to see GM's numbers..
Ford convert here. I owned two F150s, two Rangers, an Edge Sport and a Focus ST. Ram's new interior/exterior design sold me. Unfortunately, I'm dealing with a steering "clunk" on my new Limited @ 2500 miles, 2 months in. Hoping Ram/FCA does something about this soon. Hate to regret moving away from Ford. Fingers crossed. :(

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ford convert here. I owned two F150s, two Rangers, an Edge Sport and a Focus ST. Ram's new interior/exterior design sold me. Unfortunately, I'm dealing with a steering "clunk" on my new Limited @ 2500 miles, 2 months in. Hoping Ram/FCA does something about this soon. Hate to regret moving away from Ford. Fingers crossed. :(

Another thread deals with this and members think they've figured it out. Hint - start at the end unless you like a little schadenfreude with your coffee.

OgRedd

Reaction score
Another thread deals with this and members think they've figured it out. Hint - start at the end unless you like a little schadenfreude with your coffee.
Lol! Hope not to gain too much pleasure from someone else's misfortune. Thanks for the info. I'm involved in that thread and gathering all the helpful info about the issue I can muster.

Users who are viewing this thread